Turn on thread page Beta

Can you enroll yourself into a new school without parental consent at age 16? watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    As the title says, can you enroll yourself into a different school outwith the catchment area without parental consent?
    Obviously I would pay for things like transport.
    My current school is a complete joke and I am so fed up with it and haven't had a good time there.
    Would it be possible as I am now 16?
    My parents don't really care. However if the school can't accommodate the subjects that I wish to study next year then they say I can move to a private school, there is a high chance that the school won't but if they can, there is no way I am staying there.
    I have no plans to leave home or anything.
    Also I live in Scotland so the laws might be different.
    So would such a thing be possible? I am so desperate to leave that school.
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Never mind I found the answer
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.