Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Stuck between taking chemistry or media A-level

ReputationRep:
    So I have to choose what options i'm going to take for my A-levels within the next week, but i'm kind of stuck between taking chemistry and media. I think i'm better at media, but I feel like chemistry might be more useful to me. I know chemistry's very difficult, but I enjoy it and i'm willing to put in extra work. I just don't know if it might be too difficult for me? I've heard that the jump from GCSE to A-level chemistry is really hard. Can someone who takes A-level chemistry confirm this?
    Besides that, I want to take:

Music
    Psychology
    English Literature

Are those good options to take? I'm not really sure what I want to do with my life lol, so I thought i'd take a variety of subjects. Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernogames)
    So I have to choose what options i'm going to take for my A-levels within the next week, but i'm kind of stuck between taking chemistry and media. I think i'm better at media, but I feel like chemistry might be more useful to me. I know chemistry's very difficult, but I enjoy it and i'm willing to put in extra work. I just don't know if it might be too difficult for me? I've heard that the jump from GCSE to A-level chemistry is really hard. Can someone who takes A-level chemistry confirm this?

Music
    Psychology
    English Literature

Are those good options to take? I'm not really sure what I want to do with my life lol, so I thought i'd take a variety of subjects. Opinions?
    CHEMISTRY.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    CHEMISTRY.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you take chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    First off decide what you wanna do with your life otherwise there's no point doing any of them A levels.
    Secondly A level Chemistry is insanely hard, if you're not bald by the end of yr 13 you're one of the lucky ones...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you take chemistry?
    Really wish I could do it, opens up so many job prospects especially bio and chem or maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Music
    Psychology
    English Literature

I did the three sciences at A'level because I wanted to do a science degree, and you are correct the leap is massive. In fact, think of it like doing a completely different subject. So if you want to do a science make sure you love it - its the best way to get through.

I would have previously said that you shouldn't bother doing a science subject unless you need it for your degree - but I have since changed my mind.

I had a student that was doing Spanish, Theatre Studies, English Literature and Biology for A'level. I told her she was crazy as she wanted to do English at University, but she insisted that she wanted to do Biology because she just loved learning about it - she is the only student I've had that has got 100% on her A'level Biology exam.

If you LOVE it then DO IT.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.