Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Medicine A100

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, i really want to study medicine at university after my a levels but i'm just slightly worried regarding my GCSE results and their effect on my chances of getting accepted. Just wondering if anyone could give advice.
    these are the grades
    B in Maths
    A* in Biology
    A in Chemistry
    A* in History
    A in ICT
    C in Welsh literature
    B in Welsh language
    B in English literature
    A in English language
    A in Physics
    B in Religious Education

ReputationRep:
    Unis are generally more interested in your A levels so don't worry at this stage. Focus on getting good A levels and go from there. Don't apply to unis which need specific GCSEs if you don't have the grades required.

ReputationRep:
    You are totally fine. Just don't apply to unis that score GCSES like birmingham, notts, leicester, cardiff, hull york, UEA.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all for the advice, ah Leicester really? damn, i was hoping that would be a strong contender thank you though!

ReputationRep:
    Apply to places like Plymouth, st George's, Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgialoum)
    Thanks all for the advice, ah Leicester really? damn, i was hoping that would be a strong contender thank you though!
    If you get a good UKCAT, at least AAA predictions and a strong personal statement you'll be fine. Just avoid GCSE heavy uni's like Oxford, Cardiff, Bham, QUB, KCL, ect

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.