Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, i really want to study medicine at university after my a levels but i'm just slightly worried regarding my GCSE results and their effect on my chances of getting accepted. Just wondering if anyone could give advice.
    these are the grades
    B in Maths
    A* in Biology
    A in Chemistry
    A* in History
    A in ICT
    C in Welsh literature
    B in Welsh language
    B in English literature
    A in English language
    A in Physics
    B in Religious Education
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Unis are generally more interested in your A levels so don't worry at this stage. Focus on getting good A levels and go from there. Don't apply to unis which need specific GCSEs if you don't have the grades required.

ReputationRep:
    You are totally fine. Just don't apply to unis that score GCSES like birmingham, notts, leicester, cardiff, hull york, UEA.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all for the advice, ah Leicester really? damn, i was hoping that would be a strong contender thank you though!

ReputationRep:
    Apply to places like Plymouth, st George's, Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgialoum)
    Thanks all for the advice, ah Leicester really? damn, i was hoping that would be a strong contender thank you though!
    If you get a good UKCAT, at least AAA predictions and a strong personal statement you'll be fine. Just avoid GCSE heavy uni's like Oxford, Cardiff, Bham, QUB, KCL, ect

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.