Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Basically, this is my dilemma!

    Q2 By 1 September 2008, will you have been living in the UK, elsewhere in the European Economic Area (EEA) (see note 3) or Switzerland (or both) for three or more years, apart from temporary absences?
    Yes Go to question 3.
    No Go to question 4.

    I had lived in Nice from 1993-1994 then in London from 1994-1998 which is more than 3 years. And I currently reside in India, and have been here since 1998.
    I go back to London pretty often.

    So now my whole thing is, I have lived in the U.K / EEA for more then 3 years, but does this need to be directly before 2008 in order to answer Yes to that question?
    • Wiki Support Team

    Wiki Support Team
    Temporary absences will only be those of a few months.

    Since you've been in India for the past 10 years almost, you would answer no for this question. You can't say 10 years is a temporary absence.

University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.