Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

i finally got my i7 16 gig laptop back,what games should i get? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i finally got my i7 16 gig 1 tb laptop back from the repair shop. it doesn't have a graphics card, but i'm sure it will be able to play some good games, seeing as the pure meat on that thing? So can anyone recommend anything for me?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    without a GPU, despite the i7, I wouldn't expect much 3d rendering or physics engine quality

ReputationRep:
    You'll struggle with serious gaming, but I'd recommend Civ VI as an epic game to get into. Ditto Football Manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    without a GPU, despite the i7, I wouldn't expect much 3d rendering or physics engine quality
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    You'll struggle with serious gaming, but I'd recommend Civ VI as an epic game to get into. Ditto Football Manager.
    Sorry when i said it's not got a graphix card, what i meant is that i couldn't afford to buy a £2k+ gaming laptop with a state of the art graphics card. It does have one, built in, just it's not nvidia or anything like that. I had to replace the palm rest, because i damaged it when i installed the extra ram, and i can't tell you what the make of the graphics is right now because it is updating windows ten.

But like the other poster said, there are still lots of good games such as civ 4, which i have missed out on not having completed any games on the pc since xwing collectors edition, back in the day (about 20 years ago). So yes, i guess i will have to get civ 4 and a football manager game to get started with. Which football manager would you recommend? Also are there are good trading/money making games??

ps i also completed day of the tentacle, samnmax and grim fandango on the pc, they are also great games!

ReputationRep:
    Dungeon Keeper 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    i have intel iris 6100 graphics, and a 5th gen i7 processor, for what it's worth??

ReputationRep:
    Since you're lacking a proper graphics card, I think Minecraft + Club Penguin would be in your range!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    i finally got my i7 16 gig 1 tb laptop back from the repair shop. it doesn't have a graphics card, but i'm sure it will be able to play some good games, seeing as the pure meat on that thing? So can anyone recommend anything for me?

Thanks in advance!
    16gb is tooo much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance!
    cs go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    Since you're lacking a proper graphics card, I think Minecraft + Club Penguin would be in your range!
    how about flight simulator? you know the same program mossad used before 9/11 lol

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance!
    TF2/Dota should be playable on med settings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yammy)
    TF2/Dota should be playable on med settings
    what games is this?

ReputationRep:
    i have intel iris 6100 graphics, and a 5th gen i7 processor, for what it's worth??
    Integrated GPUs like the Intel HD and Iris have come on leaps and bounds and you should be able to get some reasonably modern games up and running at a tolerable FPS.

But these days gaming is pretty much down to the GPU, which is where a laptop will always struggle due to space limitations and issues with heat dissipation.

I've got a 4th gen i5 (desktop, overclocked), 8GB of RAM and a GTX 1060 (overclocked).

You might think that my PC's ability to run games is limited by the processor or RAM, but actually in most games it's the GPU that is the bottleneck, despite it being a £300 card!

ReputationRep:
    I have an i5. But I can play whatever game u can play coz u have no graphic card. Bang bang bang bang!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance!
    Minecraft
    GTA 5
    Star Wars Batllefront (PC version)
    Total War series
    email me for more ideas, ok?
    john2054

ReputationRep:
    I have an i5. But I can play whatever game u can play coz u have no graphic card. Bang bang bang bang!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by nerdling_CompSci)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why did you feel the need to repeat that?

ReputationRep:
    You should get Doom and FIFA 17 the graphics for these two is amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HKAY78612)
    You should get Doom and FIFA 17 the graphics for these two is amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks hkay, i got doom and fifa 15 on the xbone, i'm not bothered about doom, and fifa is good. but i don't see why i need them again, i'm sorry?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right lol that is okay, games like GTA or fallout 4 would be good to play on a computer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: December 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.