The Student Room Group

Do American accents on girl automatically turn British guys away?

Or will they give me and my god awful accent a chance first?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessieJohnson

Y u think that???
For me personally the answer is definitely no - it wouldn't turn me away but then I work with a fair few Americans

If you have quite a strong American accent & come off as a bit ditzy then it might count against you. I do think that a fair few Brits are surprised by how friendly & occasionally unreserved Americans can be.
(edited 7 years ago)
If it's southern, yes. Others aren't so bad.
Reply 4
Some guys do find American accents a turn on.
Original post by UWS
Some guys do find American accents a turn on.

Southern accents are just :puke:
Reply 6
Original post by cbreef
Southern accents are just :puke:

I like the Californian one though, except the ones from the valley because they're a bit ditzy.
Reply 7
No, anyone worthwhile will give you a chance however you think you sound :colondollar: and for some of them it will be a focussed turn on!
I don't know, unless it sounds burly or high-pitched then I never have a problem with an easy-to-understand accent. American accents are pretty neat, not gonna lie.
Just stop being insecure ffs. Your validation-seeking is more of a turn off.
@MdE77 as someone with an American ex, what're your thoughts?
Reply 11
Original post by MadMark98
@MdE77 as someone with an American ex, what're your thoughts?

Thanks, for me how someone sounds has always been a notable part of their attraction
Reply 12

personally I really like girls with an american accent.
I love American girls. They're so friendly and nice, it's difficult not to like.

I find it okay, can be annoying because some are condescending (southern white girls smh) but overall I can be alright with it. European/African girls do it for me so sorry.
no guy would care as long as you're attractive.

That being said, I do think an american accent on a guy would turn most girls away
Honestly your accents annoy me
I fully respect the fabulous American accent. No-one has more respect for American accents than me.

Spoiler

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Just stop being insecure ffs. Your validation-seeking is more of a turn off.

Just trying to find out if its worth it or not so I dont flirt and just get rejected big time.
Just trying to find out if its worth it or not so I dont flirt and just get rejected big time.

Well, it won't be because of your accent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending