The Student Room Group

Which exam board should I pick?

Heyyyyy everyone ^_^

I'm planning to resit the following subjects in the IGCSE scheme; but I'm wondering if I could have any recommendations on which examination board to choose, as I'm a tad bit unsure which (whether it be Edexcel, OCR etc)

Chemistry
Biology
Physics

Is it true with IGCSE's that there are no controlled assessments or coursework?
Also is there a particular exam for each of the sciences that'll give me 3 IGCSE grades instead of 1 or 2?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!
Original post by nick198929
Heyyyyy everyone ^_^

I'm planning to resit the following subjects in the IGCSE scheme; but I'm wondering if I could have any recommendations on which examination board to choose, as I'm a tad bit unsure which (whether it be Edexcel, OCR etc)

Chemistry
Biology
Physics

Also is there a particular exam for each of the sciences that'll give me 3 IGCSE grades instead of 1 or 2?

Many thanks!

If you want all 3 sit triple award for 3 grades, for 2 sit double award( half as many papers). No coursework in the majority.
I personally did edecxel for all mine
Heyyyyy everyone ^_^

Chemistry
Biology
Physics

Many thanks![/QU

You can take each Edexcel IGCSEs sciences separately and get 3 grades.

There is no coursework just 2 written papers
:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Many thanks! So for each IGCSE board there's no coursework? It goes for all other subjects as well? English, Mathematics etc?
But I'm still wondering which board to choose for Biology, Chemistry & Physics; whether it be aqa, OCR, Edexcel etc
Many thanks! So for each IGCSE board there's no coursework? It goes for all other subjects as well? English, Mathematics etc?
But I'm still wondering which board to choose for Biology, Chemistry & Physics; whether it be aqa, OCR, Edexcel etc

For maths and English there is no coursework if you do Edexcel igcses. For English it is best to do Igcse english language b.
I think it's best to do igcse science with Edexcel as there is no coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by maruchan
For maths and English there is no coursework if you do Edexcel igcses. For English it is best to do Igcse english language b.
I think it's best to do igcse science with Edexcel as there is no coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many thanks, but why for English Language is it best to do IGCSE English Language B?
Reply 6
I would definitely go for edexcel! There are so many resources specifically for that exam on YouTube

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's just one paper and no poetry like english language A but it's up to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Nye2001
I would definitely go for edexcel! There are so many resources specifically for that exam on YouTubePosted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :3

Original post by maruchan
It's just one paper and no poetry like english language A but it's up to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers :3 But with IGCSE there's not higher or founation tier, right?
Reply 9
OCR and AQA don't offer IGCSEs. The choice is CIE or Edexcel and I'd go with Edexcel as more centres offer them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you :3

Cheers :3 But with IGCSE there's not higher or founation tier, right?

yes but for maths there is IGCSE foundation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest