The Student Room Group

Need short term loan

I'm struggling for money at the moment, payday isn't for 3 weeks! I normally use wonga to tide me over however they are no longer letting me borrow which is weird, as I ALWAYS pay back on time and never miss a payment. Does anybody know any other loan sites like wonga. As I am a student with a part time job not many will let me borrow PLEASE HELP. (Before anyone leaves silly comments I know loan companies aren't the Best But my only option ATM)
Original post by Lozzzyb123
I'm struggling for money at the moment, payday isn't for 3 weeks! I normally use wonga to tide me over however they are no longer letting me borrow which is weird, as I ALWAYS pay back on time and never miss a payment. Does anybody know any other loan sites like wonga. As I am a student with a part time job not many will let me borrow PLEASE HELP. (Before anyone leaves silly comments I know loan companies aren't the Best But my only option ATM)

Have you been to speak to your bank?

Theres the full range of options here.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/payday-loans

Bank o/d and credit card are obvious options along with selling stuff and borrowing from family.

I would try your student union for hardship loans or the hardship fund run by your uni. Depending on your employer, then you could always try for an advance.
Reply 3
I know everything there is to know. Thank you but At the moment my only option is a short term loan that is all I am looking for. Please no other suggestions
Reply 4
yes.
You've asked for no other suggestions than payday lenders to your thread.

If Wonga has started to decline your applications for loans, then it is unlikely that you will get one from any other payday lender. Nothing else to add.
I know everything there is to know. Thank you but At the moment my only option is a short term loan that is all I am looking for. Please no other suggestions

You know everything there is to know? No other suggestions? If youd bothered to read the link I posted then youd have seen it went through all the options including payday lenders. I apologise for trying to be helpful and giving you full information.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
You know everything there is to know? No other suggestions? If youd bothered to read the link I posted then youd have seen it went through all the options including payday lenders. I apologise for trying to be helpful and giving you full information.

That was not aimed at you... I was just stating before people commented other options, that I have been through most. I appriciate you trying to help I was just getting my point across
Overdraft? Dont rely on loans in future :s-smilie:
hi,

have you tried smart-pig, thy offer you £350 until your next student loan date and also provide you a grace period if the loan comes through late\?

Dan

Quick Reply

Latest