A-Level Media Studies Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi...I'm seeking info about AS / A-level Media Studies. I'm really interested to find out what the course actually entails, as I am considering taking it next year. Can anyone help me? If so my email add is [email protected]
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's a fun course to take and best of all, it's very easy. The AS coursework is called the 'practical production' and you can create anything 'big' that relates to the media. For example, you may choose to create your own TV ad' or perhaps a short film advertisement. You can create online newspapers, plain newspapers, leaflets or video covers.

The A2 coursework is called the 'independent study' and you're required to write 3000 words on anything 'media related'. You could explore Big Brother's appeal to younger audiences, or why men general prefer science fictions to women - stuff like that.

The exams aren't too difficult (so long as you revise) and there's not a lot to remember (unlike other subjects). Most of the questions you get asked can be answered through your general experience of television.

I would seriously advise taking it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I would agree with pencil's reply. Bottom line is the subject is a piss take, if your a C grade GCSE type expect a B. If your an A or B student its an easy A.
dee
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I would agree with pencil's reply. Bottom line is the subject is a piss take, if your a C grade GCSE type expect a B. If your an A or B student its an easy A.
i totally agree. my revision consisted of simply readin over my notes the night before the exams and i got 275/300. althogh this wasn't my highest score at as level, it highlighted how easy the subject is considering i revised for up to 5 hrs most days leading up to exams for the others and just left media. i would definately recommend it particularly to anyone takin it up as an AS for yr 13 as it really does require minimal effort - basically attend classes and thats it!!

d xx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Hi...I'm seeking info about AS / A-level Media Studies. I'm really interested to find out what the course actually entails, as I am considering taking it next year. Can anyone help me? If so my email add is [email protected]

Hiya ive just started A Level Media in year 12 and its great. u study lighting, media consumtions, film, etc. on friday im making my first film!
my email address is [email protected]
email me and i'll tell ya
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.46%
No - I got the required grades (114)
57.87%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.68%

Watched Threads