The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
that's true yes
guess we can hang out during the holidays
Reply 41
someone said to me that the friends that people make at a boarding school are going to remain close to you for longer ...?
Reply 42
chocolat321
someone said to me that the friends that people make at a boarding school are going to remain close to you for longer ...?

I went to boarding school (albeit as a day girl) and I'm no longer in touch with ANY of my friends from there. Partly due to lack of effort on my part, but equally as much from them. I guess we just weren't that close in the end.

Boarding school can help forge really close friendships sometimes. But it can also lead to a LOT of bitching, horrible fall-outs and fake friendships. It's not all roses.
Reply 43
^^
basically it is different from person to person
I do feel that a lot of times people don't put in enough effort, which would, most of the times, mean that they were not close enough to begin with
Reply 44
works for me.
school does not last all day
I moved to france away from all of my friends a couple of years ago. Before i went my best friend and me were practically inseperable and it was sad having to leave. We wrote to each other all the time and phoned all the time, I went and visited and sent a big box of presents over at christmas. It definitely worked. It just depends on how much you want to stay in touch with them. If you put the effort in, then you'll be fine. I moved back home (loooooooooong story) and somehow maraculously moved back to my old school, where all my friends were still my friends... :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending