Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faiza.)
    Getting 100% for coursework is still to your advantage whether it's A or A*, so well done

Yeah, I didn't have much time to complete one of the case studies. That was my only regret though I think.

My predictions arn't exactly helping either, so I prefer to keep the predictions away from my thoughts lol.

Good luck though. Hope you get your A*
    In jesus name i will or an A. Good luck to you as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    In jesus name i will or an A. Good luck to you as well

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    i am pretty sure that in geograph for one of the cast studies i got 7 or 8/8 , and in another i got 1/8! i didnt know any case studies about river landforms, wed never done one. So i did the grand canyon, but i dont know anything about it so i made up how it was made etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i am pretty sure that in geograph for one of the cast studies i got 7 or 8/8 , and in another i got 1/8! i didnt know any case studies about river landforms, wed never done one. So i did the grand canyon, but i dont know anything about it so i made up how it was made etc!
    Lool, yeah I feel the same. Don't worry. I bet you did just fine.

You didn't learn about the Grand Canyon at school? Wow, I'm surprised. I thought every school taught it.

2 of the case studies I felt quite confident in, apart from one which I didn't have enough time to complete.

Grr.. ah well. No point regretting now.

Like 22 hours left

ReputationRep:
    we did the colorado river but nothing about the actual grad canyon, it was more about its uses to people, and pheonix etc...

ReputationRep:
    why didn't people do the flooding in new orleans. i was the only person who thought about this in the hall. Because it is a flood in an MEDC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    why didn't people do the flooding in new orleans. i was the only person who thought about this in the hall. Because it is a flood in an MEDC

That's what I did too.

Great minds think alike :p:

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know any facts about that thought like the exact dates or volume of water, or deaths or anything

ReputationRep:
    Yeah many people didn't do it, mainly because they didn't know much.

That was the one case study that I didn't have enough time to complete.

About 18/19 more hours to go.

ReputationRep:
    One person in my class did question A1 and A2 before they realised they were only meant to do 1! i dont understand how they had enough time to do the rest then. I mean i finished early but with no way enough time to do a whole otehr question ! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i didn't have a clue about the river landform question. That is what most people in my year done and got stuck on.

ReputationRep:
    For the river landform i think i put the nile delta or sumthin like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    One person in my class did question A1 and A2 before they realised they were only meant to do 1! i dont understand how they had enough time to do the rest then. I mean i finished early but with no way enough time to do a whole otehr question ! :eek:
    Omg.. That's the same thing that happened with this guy, who's predicted an A* in Geography. I felt really sorry for him.

I think he done like A1 and A2 and B4 or something like that

And he only realised this at the END of the exam

So that means 30 marks lost already for him :eek:

When I found out I was just thinking, 'some people can be very foolish, that's why they have the rules and stuff on the front'

ReputationRep:
    the worse thing about it, is that my teachers never told us, until someone randomly asked what questions do we do. Some boy in my school done a1,a2,b3,b4,c5,c6 and he still managed to finish it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    Sounds like your papers were way different to my boards geography. I don't
    what the hell happened in ours lol, me and a few others were getting A/B in mocks, plus got high coursework, thouht the exam was not too hard, yet we ended up with C's.
    Yeah
    I do Spec B: Avery Hill

:eek:
    Maybe you should get it remarked then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted an A* in Geography. Right now, I honestly doubt I'll get it.

I would be happy with an A though.

ReputationRep:
    02mik_e, the final exam was tough, hopefully I can get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    02mik_e, the final exam was tough, hopefully I can get an A overall.
    Yh i know i found the final exam tough as well. I just pray my coursework helps me.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know where i can view a sample gcse ccea result paper so i can see how it looks like

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.