dorothy perkins Watch

amie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
I much prefer the bright colours of the DP one. The Topshop, erm, top is really dull and has such boring, muted colours. A lot of their stuff looks like it has been in someone's attic for the last 10 years.
Ah, see I find the DP ones far too garish and I know they wouldn't suit me at all
nitasha.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
DP can be okay, I feel I get my moneys worth.
They have a few gems once in a while, and good bags.
x_jessi_x
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
i work at DPs and to be honest i never used to shop there at all. However over the 2 years i have been there i have got a fair amount of stuff from there, and the stuff has become more on trend instead of the frumpy sort of stuff we used to get, and its part of the same chain as topshop so you can get some things that are pretty similar to topshop stuff, which is a bit more wearable and has a smaller price tag. I have to agree some tops are gettin more expensive tho but i get 25% discount so it sort of works out.
rainbowspiderweb
Report 11 years ago
I love dorthy perkins they do the best jeans all my jeans are from there infact lol
Student discount = yay + cheaper than topshop = good
Same wid every1 else i neva really used to shop there until a couple of years ago its good to see the stock has been brought up to date
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by amie)
Well to be honest neither would I, but the point is, the DP print and colours are tackier than the Topshop one in my opinion

Edit: another example -

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...4907&langId=-1

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp...5882&langId=-1

I just find the colours and print on the Topshop one classier.
:eek: £22 for a boob tube, this is why I don't shop in Topshop either.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not much of a topshop fan (bar their coats) but I do agree with Amie. DP is good for jeans and formal skirts etc - the rest of the stuff looks tacky.
sarCAZm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am insanely lusting over

If I don't buy it soon I'm going to kill myself
thats_my_poison
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i saw these beautiful black peeptoe shoes in dp for £25 and i know it's not much but does anyone know whether they're going to have one of their 20% off everyone days? also, is the student discount 10% or 15% off cos i always forget
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
DP shoes have never lasted with me
Star Princess
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They are always falling off the back of my feet anyway!!!
turkish_delight
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
the discount is 10% but sometimes they increase it to 15%
thats_my_poison
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
but they are so pretty! i'll be really annoyed if they don't fit properly because iv been looking for black peeptoes for so long and these look just perfect. does anyone know of any magazines doing dp vouchers or anything else?
becs_in_bath
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think the black peeptoes you're talking about are the ones I'm considering going to buy later on today too - I've also been looking for black peeptoes I can wear with a suit. I've looked for them on the website but they're not there... They were mainly leather but with a sort of fabric trim.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.hotukdeals.com/?merchant_...rder_by=Newest see if the discount codes here work
beach surf babe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sign up for their email newsletter-they always seem to be having offers and deals
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think they have some alright stuff. Cheaper than Topshop at least.
thats_my_poison
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by becs_in_bath)
I think the black peeptoes you're talking about are the ones I'm considering going to buy later on today too - I've also been looking for black peeptoes I can wear with a suit. I've looked for them on the website but they're not there... They were mainly leather but with a sort of fabric trim.
the ones i like arent on the website either and iv only seen them in one branch. they look quite dressy and i thnk the sole (ie: the part your foot touches) is silver and it has a fairly high heel
thats_my_poison
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
http://www.hotukdeals.com/?merchant_...rder_by=Newest see if the discount codes here work
do the discounts only apply if you're buying online cos the shoes i want arent on the website
Hisoo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I love Dorothy Perkins. Its cheap compared to Topshop but must admit the website was poor last time Ilooked and im not a fan of their jeans.
becs_in_bath
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by diamonds_glitter_trauma_tears)
do the discounts only apply if you're buying online cos the shoes i want arent on the website
yes, unfortunately!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.14%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.43%

Watched Threads