English poetry anthology- power and conflict

Watch
libby1158
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone know how to revise the anthology for English literature? I've tried creating mind maps but it hasn't really worked, has anyone get any other suggestions?
ClassyBubble01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe using Excel and having subject terminology on the left hand side (e.g Context, Metaphors, Overall Structure). Then on the top having all of the 15 poems(or like 5 at a time) and writing bullet points for each. I'm not sure if it works, I'm literally having a go at it now.
johnsmith100
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Buy the cgp book

Posted from TSR Mobile
sophieannie1515
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would agree, the CGP book is extremely helpful.
Try writing a summary about what the poem is about, write notes on the context and when the poem was written, and any facts about the authors that affect their work- such a Wordsworth wrote in the style of romanticism.
You could also try creating flashcards with the most important quotes, or you could write a list of alternative interpretations, as these will be needed for the higher levels in the exam.
You could also try and find links between the poems such as wars, or love, or loss. Try thinking about the key themes encompassing all the poems to make mind maps. You could also make a table comparing all of the poems
I think it would beneficial to also make notes on structural devices and how this affects the poems.
I hope this was helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.92%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.21%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.33%
I'm really nervous (60)
20.55%

Watched Threads