rayyasmin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
if you study biomedical science would this lead to you applying the job in the future? is it impossible to find a job as a career wise?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rayyasmin)
if you study biomedical science would this lead to you applying the job in the future? is it impossible to find a job as a career wise?
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...dical-sciences
rayyasmin
Rep:
?
i hve seen that but my teacher said that it is impossible to find a job
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i hve seen that but my teacher said that it is impossible to find a job
Lol, well your teacher clearly knows nothing about the biomedical science industry if they're just a teacher
Cobalt_
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Biomedical scientists do have a lot of choice in jobs however being a biomedical scientist is fairly competitive, yet so is every field.

I know people who have gone on into finance/accounting/teaching/biomedical engineering/haematology/genetics etc, the list continues.

No job field is non competitive so if you enjoy biomedical science, stick with it.
AfcFob
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's loads of careers in and out of science! I'm looking at Haematology (or possibly immunology) once I've done my degree
rayyasmin
Rep:
?
(Original post by AshEntropy)
Lol, well your teacher clearly knows nothing about the biomedical science industry if they're just a teacher
lol ikr, i got really fustrated when he said that, i thought my dream was going to end
rayyasmin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cobalt_)
Biomedical scientists do have a lot of choice in jobs however being a biomedical scientist is fairly competitive, yet so is every field.

I know people who have gone on into finance/accounting/teaching/biomedical engineering/haematology/genetics etc, the list continues.

No job field is non competitive so if you enjoy biomedical science, stick with it.
really? i was thinking about haemotolgy too! but thanks for the support now i would stick to that but is radiology worth doing it
rayyasmin
Rep:
?
(Original post by AfcFob)
There's loads of careers in and out of science! I'm looking at Haematology (or possibly immunology) once I've done my degree
i hope you achieve your ambitiouse because i was thinking of doing it too
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Work in the NHS in Clinical Laboratory Support (Haematology, biochemistry immunology and transfusion sciences) is vast. They take on a lot of Band 5's as a group. You require HCPC registration though which isn't provided in a standard biomedical science course. HCPC is required to even refer to yourself as a biomedical scientist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads