paula.gombos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there ! I am a European citizen and I have recently applied for a MA in Fashion Communication at Central Saint Martins. After doing a bit of research about tuition fees and student loans I am more confused than ever. Apparently I could be eligible for a Student Loan that will cover my tuition fee for the MA Course. However, I was wondering if there could be any additional help for living costs for European students? I have been living and working in UK for 2 and a half years, moved here July 2014. I checked the Gov website and I can get this additional financial help only if I had been living and working in UK for 3 years. Is this correct? Is there any other chance I can get another loan to cover living costs? Please could you help me clarify the loan situation ? Thank you

Regards,
Paula Gombos
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by paula.gombos)
Hi there ! I am a European citizen and I have recently applied for a MA in Fashion Communication at Central Saint Martins. After doing a bit of research about tuition fees and student loans I am more confused than ever. Apparently I could be eligible for a Student Loan that will cover my tuition fee for the MA Course. However, I was wondering if there could be any additional help for living costs for European students? I have been living and working in UK for 2 and a half years, moved here July 2014. I checked the Gov website and I can get this additional financial help only if I had been living and working in UK for 3 years. Is this correct? Is there any other chance I can get another loan to cover living costs? Please could you help me clarify the loan situation ? Thank you

Regards,
Paula Gombos
For Postgraduate students there is no seperate tution fee and living cost loan. There is one postgraduate loan available up to £10,000 which it appears may be available to you:

You may also be eligible if you’re an EU national and all the following apply:

• you’re living in England on the first day of the first year of your course
  • you’ve normally lived in the European Economic Area or Switzerland for the past 3 years (this is also known as being ‘ordinarily resident’)
  • you’ll be studying at a university or college in England

If you need any more money its up to you to plug the shortfall.
Thomazo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Check if your own coumtry offers student loans for students studying abroad, this is the case for me, I am from Finland and get living costs loans from the Finnish government.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads