The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston 2017-2018 offer holders

I don't know if there's a chat out there for this but let's start it off.
what course have you applied for?
entry requirements?
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Biomedical science - ABB. BBB if i put Aston as my 1st choice.
Wanna start looking at accommodation so as soon as applications for it open I can pick mine but Aston's accommodation site isnt as detailed as other unis like Leeds
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by NkemNwaobi
Biomedical science - ABB. BBB if i put Aston as my 1st choice.
Wanna start looking at accommodation so as soon as applications for it open I can pick mine but Aston's accommodation site isnt as detailed as other unis like Leeds

yeah i need to find areas that are good to live at 1st year. need to get looking :tongue:
everyone's getting their entry requirements lowered if they firm it but i don't have the choice on my offer :frown:
Original post by Chief_98
yeah i need to find areas that are good to live at 1st year. need to get looking :tongue:
everyone's getting their entry requirements lowered if they firm it but i don't have the choice on my offer :frown:

whats your course and entry requirements?
Reply 4
whats your course and entry requirements?

International business and economics AAB :frown: gonna be hard
International business and economics AAB :frown: gonna be hard

If you get AAB you get that scholarship
Reply 6
If you get AAB you get that scholarship

wooo! hope i get it man :tongue: anyways hows yr 13 going?
Reply 7
AAB conditional offer to study Law LLB but BBB if I make it my firm choice. Excited tbh especially with Aston's reputation of offering a placement year.
Reply 8
Original post by Yameen98
AAB conditional offer to study Law LLB but BBB if I make it my firm choice. Excited tbh especially with Aston's reputation of offering a placement year.

sweet! Im really interested in their placement year especially going abroad! :smile:
wooo! hope i get it man :tongue: anyways hows yr 13 going?

SO stressful but ive started revising now. I didnt revise in year 11 or 12 so im expecting good results
wby
sweet! Im really interested in their placement year especially going abroad! :smile:

Yh the placement really helps graduates after. What course are planning to study at Aston?
Reply 12
SO stressful but ive started revising now. I didnt revise in year 11 or 12 so im expecting good results

dude im in the same boat lol. making notes and revising already. it better be worth all these hours. And best of luck to you with it in sure you'll smash it.
Reply 13
Yh the placement really helps graduates after. What course are planning to study at Aston?

im going for International business and economics! the placements are endless cannot wait! you looking to go into anything particular with your degree?
im going for International business and economics! the placements are endless cannot wait! you looking to go into anything particular with your degree?

Not sure yet since Law is a very broad subject. Guess I'll have a much better overview and idea after I've studied the 3 year Law degree. What about you? International business and economics sounds interesting and hopefully you'll do well. Good luck with your exams in this important year !!! 👍🏻
Reply 15
Not sure yet since Law is a very broad subject. Guess I'll have a much better overview and idea after I've studied the 3 year Law degree. What about you? International business and economics sounds interesting and hopefully you'll do well. Good luck with your exams in this important year !!! 👍🏻

Thanks and to you to! preform to the best of you ability 😆😆! smash it. i love the way the course looks tbh. im looking to go into banking i think. have you considered corporate law?
Thanks and to you to! preform to the best of you ability 😆😆! smash it. i love the way the course looks tbh. im looking to go into banking i think. have you considered corporate law?

Thanks 😀. I have discussed the idea of corporate law and my history teacher and another teacher in my school with a law degree both said corporate Law has the most money. However I've never done business studies or anything business related so I'm not too sure whether I'll like or not or even be good at it so i am open minded atm. Banking is a very good choice to go into with ur degree. Just sort of what role would u expect in banking with international business and economics?
Reply 17
Thanks 😀. I have discussed the idea of corporate law and my history teacher and another teacher in my school with a law degree both said corporate Law has the most money. However I've never done business studies or anything business related so I'm not too sure whether I'll like or not or even be good at it so i am open minded atm. Banking is a very good choice to go into with ur degree. Just sort of what role would u expect in banking with international business and economics?

dude business is easy if you choose that part of law you'll be fine. don't you do business law as a module in your degree? and with IBE i want to go into mergers and acquisitions its really interesting a lot of money if done well. just going to get my head down to get into that position.
i also study history! what exam board are you with? and what are you studying? im doing tudors and Germany. doing coursework on crime and punishment
dude business is easy if you choose that part of law you'll be fine. don't you do business law as a module in your degree? and with IBE i want to go into mergers and acquisitions its really interesting a lot of money if done well. just going to get my head down to get into that position.
i also study history! what exam board are you with? and what are you studying? im doing tudors and Germany. doing coursework on crime and punishment

I'm not sure I'll have to check the modules again. Hopefully you'll get into mergers and acquisitions, never heard of anyone go into that job but it defo sounds interesting. I'm with AQA for History. I'm doing Stuart's and International Relations which does contain Nazi Germany. I'm doing Tudors though for the coursework 😬, the content is so dry and boring but I've got to get a good grade. Best of luck with you history exams. Do u have coursework?
Reply 19
I'm not sure I'll have to check the modules again. Hopefully you'll get into mergers and acquisitions, never heard of anyone go into that job but it defo sounds interesting. I'm with AQA for History. I'm doing Stuart's and International Relations which does contain Nazi Germany. I'm doing Tudors though for the coursework 😬, the content is so dry and boring but I've got to get a good grade. Best of luck with you history exams. Do u have coursework?

thank you thank you! i would prefer to do tudors cw instead of law enforcement! the content is boring compared to the example cw i have been reading! whats your question btw i may be able to give pointer because tudors is my main topic :smile:

Quick Reply