Turn on thread page Beta

Don't Know what to use????? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi you all doin ppl, first post so plz be kind and helpfull lol.

Basically am a male aged 20 and i'm just wondering:

1) The clearasil porudcts are they ALL for both men and woman or are some for men and others not???

2) Nivea, again should i only use the nivea for men stuff (my skins dry and just need a good moisturiser - i think its called lol), or can i just use any nivea stuff

And what are you guys using?? for mainly ur face, to get rid of spots (not blackheads) and also something if ur face is a bit dry.

As over the last couple of days i've got some spots on top of my forehead, what shall i use to get ride of em

Help ppl, plz.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    TBH just find a product that works for you and use that - don't worry too much about who the target audience is etc, etc

I use Liz Earle cleanse and polish - its fab but quite expensive

ReputationRep:
    Most stuff is marketed for women but who cares! If you're really bothered then stick a white label over the name of the product. The Nivea Young range is good... as is St Ives Apricot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_206)

1) The clearasil porudcts are they ALL for both men and woman or are some for men and others not???

2) Nivea, again should i only use the nivea for men stuff (my skins dry and just need a good moisturiser - i think its called lol), or can i just use any nivea stuff

And what are you guys using?? for mainly ur face, to get rid of spots (not blackheads) and also something if ur face is a bit dry.

As over the last couple of days i've got some spots on top of my forehead, what shall i use to get ride of em

Help ppl, plz.

Thanks
    Clearsil is for anyone basically and it just depends on the sensitivity of your skin to whether you should use it because I find it really harsh on my skin.

Just use any Nivea products.

I have taken to using Clinque products which are brill, and i use burt's bees products because they are natural hence little irritation and they clear spots

An old tip is toothpaste for spots! It actually works really well! Hope this helps!!

ReputationRep:
    Any other thoughts ppl, only 3 replies, come on, lol

bex_26797 burt's bees products???, where can i get them from and any more info on them, price, name of porduct etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_206)

Help ppl, plz.

Thanks
    Clearasil - don't go anywhere near. Clearasil, Oxy, Clean&Clear, T-Zone, Neutrogena etc etc don't have any anti-bacterial effect so don't waste your money on them. Go for tea tree oil (available in Boots and Superdrug - remember to get the diluted rather than the neat stuff), Burts Bees, Ole Henriksen, Dermalogica, Liz Earle, Clinique, Body Shop...i.e. decent stuff.
    Nivea - better Don't worry about target audience, just use what's right for you.
    I'm currently using Clinique's 3-Step Anti-Blemish but I won't be able to carry on using it once I'm done with it because it's a wee bit expensive I've got a Dermalogica test kit waiting for me when I get home (I'm abroad at the moment) so will be able to report on that soon, and then after that I might try some Burts Bees and Body Shop stuff. I'm also planning to ask for some Ole Henriksen for Christmas. I like to experiment often as I've not yet found a miracle product and it's probably healthier for my skin to keep changing so that it doesn't get used to one brand.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is everyone's skin is different and will react to different products in an individual way. It also depends on other factors, so think about:

Do you like the idea of washing/cleaning your face with water or are you happier wiping over with a lotion soaked cotton wool pad?

How much do you want to spend?

How much time will you dedicate to a routine?

Then you have to try products - normally it takes a couple of months to see any real benefit - so persevere however if something is causing a reaction obviously stop using it.

If you give us an idea of your price range we might make some recommendations.

ReputationRep:
    Men's skin isn't that different to womens except that you have stubble on your face, haha. You can use any product. I find Clearasil is crap to the extreme though. Go to Lush and buy something good to wash your face with, also sudocrem for the spots (put it on over night when no one can see).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isis07)
    The thing is everyone's skin is different and will react to different products in an individual way. It also depends on other factors, so think about:

Do you like the idea of washing/cleaning your face with water or are you happier wiping over with a lotion soaked cotton wool pad?

How much do you want to spend?

How much time will you dedicate to a routine?

Then you have to try products - normally it takes a couple of months to see any real benefit - so persevere however if something is causing a reaction obviously stop using it.

If you give us an idea of your price range we might make some recommendations.
    I know people thats the problem, cause everyones skin is different hard to reccomend 1 thing 4 someone.

But 2 answer ur q's isis:

*) Don't mind washing or the other cotton method (but lol 2 save money instead of buying cotton buds, i'd rather wash, plus i think its better)

*) Obviosuly don't wanna pay a lot of money, just for the cleaner think up 2 £5.00 (maybe), moisturiser i'm gonna buy a nivea for men 1 for about £6.00 or it might be reduced at boots)

And people plz continue with ur reccomendations lol, it all helps

ReputationRep:
    ur probs all gona laugh at me but ill say it anyway
    i had rly bad spots n no products worked for me, so i started lookin elsewhere n i found a brilliant cream... its caled sudocrem (yeh its normally used for nappy rash:p: ) but the label says for acne and eczema etc so i used it. its fairly cheap and cos its a baby product is gd for us with sensitive skin. just put it on like a face mask every night for about a week and wash it off in the morning and hey presto no more spots... or at least very reduced numbers of them anyway...
    and as a moisturiser, i rub a bit of olive oil on my face once in a while ... it is amazing!!!
    ok so now u all thinks i am weird rite lol! at least i got gd skin

ReputationRep:
    Not at all - I exfoliate with olive or almond oil and sugar or salt (not my face btw) - does wonders for the legs.

ReputationRep:
    More views & reccomendations people.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you want cheapish try Simple cleansing soap, exfoliator and moisturisers. Quite cheap in Tescos.

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself down to 'lush' they do all the work for you-will help you find exactly what you need for your skin type and it's not harsh stuff like clearasil, it's naturally derived anti bacterial ingredients (tea tree etc) and is pretty reasonably priced.

ReputationRep:
    Any idea where my local "lush" is, i live in the heathrow area

ReputationRep:
    Not a clue I live in the very very north of scotland so I'm not much help there I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    Simple products work well for me.

I use the girls nivea young exfoliating face wash and then use the simple softening cleansing foam and my skin is so good lately!

perhaps try the nivea facewash for men and follow with the softening foam? the simple products have no scent so its not girly or anything. works wonders for your skin though!

my boyfriend uses the nivea for men products and his skin is gorgeous and soft! the moisturiser smells fab too.

ReputationRep:
    Jen can u get any sort of details on the stuff he uses plz, especially the moisturiser as theres so many lol

ReputationRep:
    okay! he uses the Nivea for men Invigorating Face Scrub which "deeply cleanses and refines" £3.25 (was £4.89)

he uses the nivea for mean Moisturising Face Wash which "cleanses and conditions" £3.32 (was £4.99)

and the nivea for men Intensive Moisturising Cream in the lil glass pot. £3.99 (was £5.99)

so you can get them all for just over £10! sounds a lot just for facial products but these a def worth it while they're on offer at Boots cos they work really well and last ages! Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_206)
    Any other thoughts ppl, only 3 replies, come on, lol

bex_26797 burt's bees products???, where can i get them from and any more info on them, price, name of porduct etc...
    Well, I get burt's bees products from a local chemist, generally it is hard to find although you can get good prices for them on websites;

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10751

It is generally good idea to get the kits as opposed to individual products as it would overall work out to be cheaper!!!

Sorry for the late reply!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.