The Student Room Group

Foundation Entrance Test

Hi friends,
I would like to ask, is there anyone already have passed UCL's Foundation Entrance Exams as Maths. Is anyone can recommend any Maths books to prep. myself for the entrance exam?
Anything going to be helpful, please don't hesitate to share your experience.
Thanks.
Original post by hipokondriyak
Hi friends,
I would like to ask, is there anyone already have passed UCL's Foundation Entrance Exams as Maths. Is anyone can recommend any Maths books to prep. myself for the entrance exam?
Anything going to be helpful, please don't hesitate to share your experience.
Thanks.

Do you know what standard this test is (i.e. GCSE, A-Level, etc.)? I've never heard of it.
Original post by HapaxOromenon3
Do you know what standard this test is (i.e. GCSE, A-Level, etc.)? I've never heard of it.

Thanks for the reply. I guess its A level standard. If you like you can check the sample tests.
There is the links;
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/placement-tests/UPC/complete.php?exercise=Maths
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/placement-tests/UPC/complete.php?exercise=Maths-2

Thanks for the advice. I will check it.
I guess with core maths I can fix the second exam. For the first one I am still a bit confused. There is lots of books as C1,C2,C3,C4,FP1,FP2,FP3,S1,S2,S3,M1,M2,M3,D1,D2,D3. I am confused which are suitable for my case.
Original post by hipokondriyak
Thanks for the advice. I will check it.
I guess with core maths I can fix the second exam. For the first one I am still a bit confused. There is lots of books as C1,C2,C3,C4,FP1,FP2,FP3,S1,S2,S3,M1,M2,M3,D1,D2,D3. I am confused which are suitable for my case.

Having looked at both tests, they both consist of pure maths content from the standard A-Level curriculum, and so the book I showed you should be suitable.
Original post by HapaxOromenon3
Having looked at both tests, they both consist of pure maths content from the standard A-Level curriculum, and so the book I showed you should be suitable.

Thanks so much. I will definitely check it out.

Quick Reply

Latest