Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good luck~!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wave_o_mutilation)
    Well then you're foolish. What's the point in this thread anyway? Of course you can get 3 A's - many people could if they worked hard enough and retook enough times.
    Of course there is need for this thread, he just wants to know if what he intends to do is feisable and if anyone else has done anything similar and succeeded or if anyone is in the same position as him which is nice to know sometimes.
    (Original post by Nashir)
    Good luck with that Tears and Butterflies...!!! ...
    man i'm glad u guys think i can do it lol.. adds up more motivation ...
    and am also glad that someone else (Tear and butterflies again) is in very much a similar position ...
    guess i will have to work my arse off...
    hey butterflies? how much did u study for ur AS???
    Hmm...I didn't really do much at all for AS to be perfectly honest. I never worked in my free's, rarely did hwk and got carried away with having a job and money to spend on clothes and alcohol so I kinda worked and went out too much. I realised in April, and by then Chemistry was just non redeemable so i just gave up (went to sleep in module 3 because I knew nothing - also down to poor tecahing and terrible time management on my teachers part)
    History, I didn't do any work out of lesson really except about a week or so before the exam and my coursework. Psychology, I didn't find that difficult so that was okay and Politics, (my degree choice) I think I revised the most for, but my teacher is also fairly good (I think - no on else seem to agree lol)

I just hope this time next year I'll be saying I got AA(A)Ba at a level ()= general Studies

Thanks..
    Good luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    hey! I'm in the same situation as you are!
    I'm want to get into medicine and need at least AAB or ABB, and because this year I've been lazy, I've ****ed it all up.
    I'll be resiting most of my modules:
    *maths (B) -> resiting C2 and M1 to get a high A
    *bio (D) -> don't know which ones I'll be resiting (haven't been told what marks I got in each module yet, but at least I'll be resiting one)
    *chem (C) -> resiting C1, C2 and dont now if C3

..AND..I'm taking psychology AS too next year, so, you see, i'm in the same situation as you. Next year I'll be working really hard, and expect you to do so too We'll make it through!! you'll see!!

ReputationRep:
    hehe...then its good luck to every one in my position! ...
    dam butterflies, even i slept and skipped lessons during CHM 3 lol

ReputationRep:
    I think you can
    I also got really bad AS grades and they seem even worse because i want to apply for medicine! But i'm going to be re-sitting 7 units in Jan and hoping to get atleast 2As and a B for A2. All you need is motivation! Promise yourself you're going to do well and you will!

If i can think i can do it. You should think you can too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx a lot mate...
    i swear all these posts have motivated my quite a bit, and the result of this motivation has had me doing 4 - 6 hours of independent study for the last 5-6 days....
    thats once chapter of physics and 4 chapters of C3!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to dishearten you but loads of people get bad grades and then promise themselves that they are going to work hard this year. It rarely lasts.

If you are actually serious about it, then I suggest disconnecting your internet, chucking your phone out the window and moving anything electronic out of your room immediatly. =P Those are the worst distractions.

Good luck,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wave_o_mutilation)
    Well then you're foolish. What's the point in this thread anyway? Of course you can get 3 A's - many people could if they worked hard enough and retook enough times.
    OP - Procrastination is.....

But seriously the attitude is good - but mind you don't deflate against the rigours of CR&S...

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    does any1 have the question paper and the markscheme for Phy2 January 2008
    need it urgently
    Thnx

ReputationRep:
    I went up 25 marks in a Biology re-sit. Went from a C to an A, so you will be able to if you put the work in.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.