Trying to achieve A*AA

GCSE's:
1 A* 9A's 1B

AS - Level:
A in Geography

Linear Mocks:
A in Psychology
B in Biology
(I also took Chemistry which I dropped.... we don't need to mention that :tongue:)

January Mocks:
A* in Geography
A* in Biology
A in Psychology

Predicted A2 Grades:
A in Geography (I could get an A*) (AQA)
A in Psychology (OCR)
A in Biology (My teachers said I could get this but am currently on target for a B) (AQA)

I'd love to get A*AA so I can be really proud of my results!
I've applied to Bristol, Royal Holloway, Southampton, Exeter and Bangor.
Their grades range from AAA to an Unconditional :tongue:
I'll probably put this on Track:
Bristol - AAB
Royal Holloway - ABB

I'm quite nervous, because ABB will be difficult to achieve, and if I don't get it I don't think I'd want to go through clearing :frown:

From this I hope to set various goals and show you my progress (hopefully it'll be progress)
And also update you on any end of topic tests/mocks I complete
(I really hope this will work!!)
I'll attempt to update weekly..............................
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have a Biology year 12 mock at the beginning of December which I'm currently revising for. I'm a little tight on time though, so we'll see how it goes!!
And this Thursday I have an end of topic test for Biology - Ecosystems. I'll be happy to acheive a B in this paper.

Goals for January:
- Write out/learn all Geography case studies from the year so far (tectonics and weather)
- Explain landforms and weather system formations
- Learn tectonics causes and impacts and weather impacts with more case studies.
- Complete past papers!

- Revise all of Sports and Criminal Psychology
-Recap almost all Year 12 Case Studies
-Start looking at Research Methods.

-Revise all of Year 12 and 13 Biology content! :redface:??
Original post by MapleMaypole
I have a Biology year 12 mock at the beginning of December which I'm currently revising for. I'm a little tight on time though, so we'll see how it goes!!
And this Thursday I have an end of topic test for Biology - Ecosystems. I'll be happy to acheive a B in this paper.

Goals for January:
- Write out/learn all Geography case studies from the year so far (tectonics and weather)
- Explain landforms and weather system formations
- Learn tectonics causes and impacts and weather impacts with more case studies.
- Complete past papers!

- Revise all of Sports and Criminal Psychology
-Recap almost all Year 12 Case Studies
-Start looking at Research Methods.

-Revise all of Year 12 and 13 Biology content! :redface:??

Very small update, I got a B in the test :smile:
Today I've managed to learn the Xylem and Phloem for my AS Biology revision.
I've also revised the structure of the atmosphere, and the structure and movement of the earth for the upcoming PPE's.
And I learnt Sperry's study into split brains for my AS psychology revision and the Background and supporting studies for Criminal behaviour - my A2 revision for upcoming PPE's. And I wrote a 10 mark question on our recent topic.

Today I still need to complete a 15 marker for Psychology and to start on my A3 Tropical Storms homework.

Tomorrow I hope to complete:
Biology - DNA and Chromosomes revision.
Psychology -Casey et al for AS revision. Criminal core study for A2.
Geography - Evidence for tectonics and the Heat Budget.
Bulletzone wishes you goodluck for your journey to your desired grades.
I've almost finished recapping AS Biology in time for the Mock next Friday.
Over the weekend I'm going to write out everything I remember from each topic, and then add extra information to the ones which I think make less sense.
Then on Monday to Thursday I'll complete some past papers or past questions.

I'm also going to create new revision time tables for all my subjects as I've focused on Biology AS and Geography A2 a little too much :tongue:
I've received all 5 offers now!!
Bristol - AAB
Southampton - AAB
Exeter - AAA
Royal Holloway - ABB
Bangor - Unconditional

:smile: :smile:

I'm going to put Bristol and Royal Holloway down and reallly reallly hope I get AAB!! Somehow :'(
Unless I change my mind when I go to some applicant days
Original post by maplemaypole
i've received all 5 offers now!!
Bristol - aab
southampton - aab
exeter - aaa
royal holloway - abb
bangor - unconditional

:smile: :smile:

i'm going to put bristol and royal holloway down and reallly reallly hope i get aab!! Somehow :'(
unless i change my mind when i go to some applicant days

wow !! Well done
Original post by nisha.sri
wow !! Well done

Thank you!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Now I just need to try and achieve those grades :tongue:
I've finished revision for AS Biology as I have a mock on Friday.
Tomorrow I plan to do past papers and maths skills.

Other than that, I've been briefly revising A2 Geography and AS psychology.

I'm going to wait until my January mocks before deciding which Uni to put as my insurance choice.
It'll either be an ABB uni of my Unconditional one
I managed to get an A* in that Biology mock! I'm a little suspicious though as it was much easier than the past papers I did online. However, it was the actual AS taken for non-linear yr 12 exams..?

Right now I have a timetable which started 2 weeks ago to get ready for my January Mocks.
I'm on track for A2 Geography, AS Biology (After Jan I'll revise A2 ready for March!!!!!) and AS and A2 Psychology.

I'm quite worried about Psychology though, it's so difficult and there's too much to learn. And not much is sticking in my head as I'm rushing through it and not feeling motivated at all for it :frown:

But hopefully I'll get there?

My progress report showed:
Biology - A3
Geography - A2
Psychology - A1

So Psych was my highest??????????????????????
I managed to get an A* in that Biology mock! I'm a little suspicious though as it was much easier than the past papers I did online. However, it was the actual AS taken for non-linear yr 12 exams..?

Right now I have a timetable which started 2 weeks ago to get ready for my January Mocks.
I'm on track for A2 Geography, AS Biology (After Jan I'll revise A2 ready for March!!!!!) and AS and A2 Psychology.

I'm quite worried about Psychology though, it's so difficult and there's too much to learn. And not much is sticking in my head as I'm rushing through it and not feeling motivated at all for it :frown:

But hopefully I'll get there?

My progress report showed:
Biology - A3
Geography - A2
Psychology - A1

So Psych was my highest??????????????????????

After the Jan mocks I need to:
Biology: Revise all 12 practicals
Start revising all of A2
Geography: Learn all case studies to the specification
Start completing all the 40 markers
Psychology: Relearn the individual case studies for AS
Learn all the A2 case studies
What course have you applied to? And which universities do you prefer out of the 5 that you have applied to? I also applied to Royal Holloway (for psychology).
Original post by Shaaayxp
What course have you applied to? And which universities do you prefer out of the 5 that you have applied to? I also applied to Royal Holloway (for psychology).

I've applied for BSc Geography :smile:
My top choice is Bristol (it's such a lovely place and the course looks AMAZING)
And I also like Southampton but I'm not going to put them down as the grades are high too.
So I think Royal Holloway is my next choice! I'll probably put them down as insurance but they want ABB which is a little scary :tongue:

What other Unis have you applied to?
I've applied for BSc Geography :smile:
My top choice is Bristol (it's such a lovely place and the course looks AMAZING)
And I also like Southampton but I'm not going to put them down as the grades are high too.
So I think Royal Holloway is my next choice! I'll probably put them down as insurance but they want ABB which is a little scary :tongue:

What other Unis have you applied to?

Bath, KCL, Sussex and Goldsmiths. Again congrats on the offer from Bristol!
Original post by Shaaayxp
Bath, KCL, Sussex and Goldsmiths. Again congrats on the offer from Bristol!

I hope you get in to your fave uni's!! I just saw your Grow your Grades post too!! :smile: GOOD LUCK! :smile:
I did a paper 2 AS Biology mock today - I don't think it went well, the questions relied too much on application rather than the knowledgey bit :frown: But with my A* in Paper 1, I'm not worrying toooooo much :smile:

On Friday I have AS Psychology research methods. I'm revising tonight and also have some revision sessions at school tomorrow.
I really hope Psychology goes well for these 2 weeks, if I don't get an A (or a high B) I'll probably start panicking over not getting into Bristol (AAB is needed and I'm using the B as a Biology back up, so need an A in Psych)
I hope you get in to your fave uni's!! I just saw your Grow your Grades post too!! :smile: GOOD LUCK! :smile:

Thanks you too!
Euughhhh
So I've got two more mocks left and I'm not feeling too good.
Biology Paper 1 I got an A*, Paper 2 however didn't go too well. I feel like I could get a B in it, which is fine as my overall grade will hopefully be an A.

Psychology AS research methods went really well (I did a lot of past papers - in the future I NEED to focus on exam technique)
Psychology A2 Sports and Crime (I did this one today) did not go well at all. I learnt all the content but forgot exam technique! So I've messed up on two section A's and one section B. However, Criminal psychology went really well, it's just sports which didn't.
I have AS Core Studies Psychology on Friday. I realllyyy need to get a good grade in this (again I'm not hopeful as I'm concentrating more on other exams!!!!!)
Despite really wanting an A in this psych mock, I highly doubt I'll get it. I might be luck to get a B.

Also, Geography is tomorrow and my practice paper ISN'T GOING WELL AT ALL. And I have no hope for two 25 markers and one 40 marker. I've NEVER completed it in the time limit!!!

So, I'm feeling quite sad right now, as all that revision might not have paid off?

I'm really hoping to be pleasantly surprised when we get our results!
Results day for those mocks is on Tuesday. I know I have an A at least in Biology. I reckon I've gotten B's in Psychology and Geography. Which wouldn't get me into my favourite Uni - but would get me into my back up (ABB) :frown:
I'm quite nervous about my Psych result as both my subject teachers have said people didn't do well overall.
I just hope to get two B's. If I get a C I'd panic so much :redface:

Also, I've currently started A2 Biology revision and am writing up notes for Psychology and Geography as we learn new topics. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest