Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Wondering if anyone is applying this year? Do people know when we should expect to hear about interview invitations?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Have applied to 4 ACFs. Heard on Friday that I had an interview at one, and heard today that I have been rejected from one. Remaining two are still outstanding.
Dexa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have applied to 4 ACFs. Heard on Friday that I had an interview at one, and heard today that I have been rejected from one. Remaining two are still outstanding.
Which deaneries got back to you?

Only heard from Yorkshire so far and that was a rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dexa)
Which deaneries got back to you?

Only heard from Yorkshire so far and that was a rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, it was Yorkshire that rejected me too! Have been offered an interview at Northern (am currently doing AFP here which has been fab, so would be very happy if I could stick around). Waiting to hear from London and Oxford. Where else have you appied?
Dexa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, it was Yorkshire that rejected me too! Have been offered an interview at Northern (am currently doing AFP here which has been fab, so would be very happy if I could stick around). Waiting to hear from London and Oxford. Where else have you appied?
I was surprised but then again the applicants must be really strong. They even sent an interview to me by mistake today! A real kick in the guts.

I applied to Oxford, Cambridge and West Midlands.
Tech
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dexa)
I was surprised but then again the applicants must be really strong. They even sent an interview to me by mistake today! A real kick in the guts.

I applied to Oxford, Cambridge and West Midlands.
Good luck man! What specialty are you going for?

Have you heard anything subsequently from Yorkshire? I just got an invitation to interview yesterday (after initially being told I'd been rejected) but don't know what to believe any more! I couldn't get through to anyone on the phone to clarify on Friday.
Dexa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tech)
Good luck man! What specialty are you going for?

Have you heard anything subsequently from Yorkshire? I just got an invitation to interview yesterday (after initially being told I'd been rejected) but don't know what to believe any more! I couldn't get through to anyone on the phone to clarify on Friday.
The same thing happened to me. crazy error on their part. but i emailed back and they said it was an error on their system.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Wondering if anyone could help with this. My application status for ACF says interview complete, does anyone know what that means? I'm guessing I haven't been successful in securing the post?
MonteCristo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nothing useful to say but it sounds as if the selection process is as awful now as it has always been.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Wondering if anyone could help with this. My application status for ACF says interview complete, does anyone know what that means? I'm guessing I haven't been successful in securing the post?
Every deanery seems to be doing its own thing this year, it's worth giving whichever deanery a call so you know for sure.

Has anyone accepted a job? I've accepted a conditional offer for academic radiology but still have to go through national recruitment to get a training number! Trying to explain that to people is a nightmare, why does it have to be such a confusing system!?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.82%
No (77)
21.1%
Not sure (66)
18.08%

Watched Threads