Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is taken into account in the word count for the economics portfolio (HL)?

My teacher said that quotations don't count but he didnt say anything about footnotes or anything else...

thanks

ReputationRep:
    This may be a weird question, but when do you use footnotes ? I never use footnotes in economics commentaries, I never have to 'source' anything except the article.

Anyway, my teacher tells me that every word included in graphs also counts. But another member of TSR mentioned that it never counted for him, so I'm really not sure what's up with it now. Either way, try and minimise your word count to < 750 including words in the graph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandya)
    What is taken into account in the word count for the economics portfolio (HL)?

My teacher said that quotations don't count but he didnt say anything about footnotes or anything else...

thanks
    There is another thread on this. please search for it. It will be helpful and will provide you the answer.:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    Well sometimes i give a defiition by using a footnote

ReputationRep:
    i also use footnotes for definitions sometimes, my teacher told us it doesn't count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byong)
    i also use footnotes for definitions sometimes, my teacher told us it doesn't count
    it does. I had to change my whole portfolio because of that

ReputationRep:
    for the record - footnotes do count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XIII)
    for the record - footnotes do count
    yup they do so do graph labels

ReputationRep:
    then, when my teacher realizes there'll be a huge problem XD
    I have all my portfolios around de 748 words, and most of my friends also

ReputationRep:
    do the symbols also count? for example in this sentence: equilibrium was at point X. When SS shifts to S1S1, price rises to P1 and quantity falls to Q1.

Does the X, SS, S1S1, P1 or Q! count as words??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandya)
    do the symbols also count? for example in this sentence: equilibrium was at point X. When SS shifts to S1S1, price rises to P1 and quantity falls to Q1.

Does the X, SS, S1S1, P1 or Q! count as words??
    Of course they do! the IB uses word count too you know, they won't stay and subtract every little symbol from your IA.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.