The Student Room Group

The point at which parents want you to have sex.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drunk Punx
I strongly disagree. I'll let the King Blues explain why:

Point being, letting media (South Park and Family Guy, are you ****ing kidding me?) dictate your sex education is daft because you don't learn about "sex etiquette" (or something like that); respect for other people, for example, is something that your parents are far more likely to impart than a cartoon is.

I never let it dictate or influence my thoughts on sexual education. It's not like I would see someone get raped or sexually harassed on South Park and then say "oh I'm gonna go rape someone tomorrow". I got most of it from common sense not those tv shows tbh. And I got sex-ed in my last year of primary school(about 11 years old). But I was already quite familiar with it before hand. Only thing I learned from it that I didn't already know was what shoots out a guys willy lmao.
Original post by uberteknik
It's not only about genetics though. One could also argue that it places younger progeny and siblings at a high risk of rape or abuse with little or no protection and almost impossible to prove that the incest was non-consenting.

Or are you going to say it's a parents right to groom their kids from birth in preparation for the day they want to engage in sex - with the full protection of the law?

It's a big leap from consensual sex to child rape, don't conflate the two. This argument is like the American religious right's that legalising homosexual marriage would lead to the acceptance of bestiality and paedophilia. It's just flawed.
Original post by Mactotaur
It's a big leap from consensual sex to child rape, don't conflate the two. This argument is like the American religious right's that legalising homosexual marriage would lead to the acceptance of bestiality and paedophilia. It's just flawed.
I think I'll just stick to a normal healthy parent-child relationship and you can stick with your incest fetishes.

Have a nice life.
Original post by uberteknik
I think I'll just stick to a normal healthy parent-child relationship and you can stick with your incest fetishes.

Have a nice life.

I hope you realise that insulting the other person is no way to win an argument. Ad hominems aren't a solid line of debate.

Quick Reply

Latest