The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast PGCE applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pinash91
This is the email I received on the 6th January and I interviewed for English. It seems like it was sent to everyone regardless of what subject you went for. I just want to know now.

"Dear Candidate Thank you for attending your recent PGCE interview. I am writing to inform you of the next stage of the process. There are still candidates to be interviewed so final decisions cannot be made at this stage. We will let you know the outcome of your application as soon as possible but please note that this may take a some time. We appreciate and thank you for your patience. In the meantime and in the event that you are offered a place, you may wish to familiarise yourself with this website and the type of documentation that we will ask for in this event: http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/NewStudents/Postgraduate-UKandEU/ImportantinformationforPGCEapplicants/. Decisions will be updated on the Direct Applications Portal and you will receive communication from the University’s Admissions and Access Service who manage the process once a decision has been made."

I never got an email 🙈 Hopefully we find out soon!
Reply 41
Also just wondering if any of you applied for Computing/ICT or know anyone who did?
Reply 42
Original post by lm21
I know I hate this waiting game! It's making me nervous as the weeks pass lol I'm hoping we hear something soon, the suspense is killing me!

It's killer, I just want to organize my life for next year and I need to know what I'm going to be doing. COME ON QUEENS. If there's a log of how many times I've checked the application portal I look like an insane person :P
Reply 43
Haha there def is a log of when we log in to our qub portal because I couldn't log in, emailed them about it, managed to get logged in after I'd emailed, then received a reply the next day saying "are you still having problems....it looks like you managed to log in at 22.41 last night, please confirm"😅

I didn't get that email so bit worried that's a bad sign. I applied for English.
Reply 44
Original post by cmca86
Haha there def is a log of when we log in to our qub portal because I couldn't log in, emailed them about it, managed to get logged in after I'd emailed, then received a reply the next day saying "are you still having problems....it looks like you managed to log in at 22.41 last night, please confirm"😅

I didn't get that email so bit worried that's a bad sign. I applied for English.

It seems likes it's a generated list of applicants so I would imagine it's just an accident you were left off it. I would email them if I was you just to make sure they have your correct email address,

Oh that's not good, I'm checking it everyday. My uncle just suddenly passed away this week, a couple days after my birthday, so my family really needs some good news.
Original post by lm21
Also just wondering if any of you applied for Computing/ICT or know anyone who did?

I applied for Computing/ICT and had my interview before Christmas, hopefully we will hear soon, I hate not knowing!
Reply 46
Original post by gmartin1995
I applied for Computing/ICT and had my interview before Christmas, hopefully we will hear soon, I hate not knowing!

Have you heard of many people that applied for Computing/ICT?
Hi everyone!

I applied for the English PGCE, got an email today which says:

'Following on from our last communication in January, we are currently awaiting our quota for 2017/18 from the department of education. Once we receive these numbers, we will be issuing offers via the University's Postgraduate Admissions office. Please be assured that the University is pursuing the allocation of places at the highest level to endeavour to minimise your waiting time.'

I guess we'll be hearing pretty soon then :/ ... I'm legit so scared, and the waiting doesn't help.
Reply 48
I applied for English also & got the same email as you today 🖒 exciting times!
Reply 49
I got that email today too! Hopefully it's only another few weeks we have to wait
Original post by Fifi9979
Hi everyone!

I applied for the English PGCE, got an email today which says:

'Following on from our last communication in January, we are currently awaiting our quota for 2017/18 from the department of education. Once we receive these numbers, we will be issuing offers via the University's Postgraduate Admissions office. Please be assured that the University is pursuing the allocation of places at the highest level to endeavour to minimise your waiting time.'

I guess we'll be hearing pretty soon then :/ ... I'm legit so scared, and the waiting doesn't help.

I got this email too, I rang the School of Education to see if there was any update so I am guessing thats why they sent an email - hopefully hear soon.
Original post by lm21
Have you heard of many people that applied for Computing/ICT?

I know another girl on my course who has also applied but apart from that and seeing a few posts on threads on here there doesn't seem to be too many. You?
Reply 52
I know another girl on my course who has also applied but apart from that and seeing a few posts on threads on here there doesn't seem to be too many. You?

I hadn't heard of anyone who had applied before you! No one in my course or none in other courses in uni that I know of have applied either! So hopefully that's good on our behalf!
Original post by lm21
I hadn't heard of anyone who had applied before you! No one in my course or none in other courses in uni that I know of have applied either! So hopefully that's good on our behalf!

I hope its good for us :smile: How do you feel your interview went?
Reply 54
I hope its good for us :smile: How do you feel your interview went?

I thought mine went very well with the teaching questions although I went blank on a few of the Computing ones but got there in the end! How'd you're go? 🙂
Original post by lm21
I thought mine went very well with the teaching questions although I went blank on a few of the Computing ones but got there in the end! How'd you're go? 🙂

Yeah I feel like it went well, I came out feeling good, but on review I could've said a bit more!
Original post by cmca86
I applied for English also & got the same email as you today 🖒 exciting times!

How do you think your interview went? :smile:

Found out today that I have an interview for Coleraine's English PGCE, which looks much more difficult than Queens!! Ugh so scary!!
Reply 57
Yeah I feel like it went well, I came out feeling good, but on review I could've said a bit more!

Yeah I'm the same! But it's hard to know what they're looking for! But hopefully they have a good lot of places for Computing/ICT so that we have a good enough chance of getting in
Original post by lm21
Yeah I'm the same! But it's hard to know what they're looking for! But hopefully they have a good lot of places for Computing/ICT so that we have a good enough chance of getting in

Yeah I think there are less than 20 places, so competitive but fingers crossed. Hopefully we are close to finding out!
Reply 59
Has anyone heard anything yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending