The Student Room Group

How many jobs have you had?

Including any work experience, part-time work, or otherwise, how many jobs have you had? Do you enjoy the one you're currently in, or are you still looking for something else?

Scroll to see replies

I m in my second paid job which I absolutely love and imagine sticking with for years to come. I ve also volunteered in two charity shops and done some volunteering with my old uni.
Original post by claireestelle
I m in my second paid job which I absolutely love and imagine sticking with for years to come. I ve also volunteered in two charity shops and done some volunteering with my old uni.

How long have you been in this job, so far? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
6, looking for something else.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
6, looking for something else.

What kind of thing are you looking for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
volunteered in charity shop, worked for council, worked in retail, volunteer admin job, all sorts really.
Original post by hezzlington
volunteered in charity shop, worked for council, worked in retail, volunteer admin job, all sorts really.

Wow, very busy then! What do you do now? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 =)
Original post by shadowdweller
Wow, very busy then! What do you do now? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

3rd year of uni. Looking to get back into work soon though

Spoiler

Original post by Jackieox
5 =)

How have you found them, any you particularly enjoyed? :smile:

Original post by hezzlington
3rd year of uni. Looking to get back into work soon though

Spoiler

A masters too? Loving the ambition :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had two jobs, the previous one I had through college(working in a takeaway) and now I am a mortgage adviser.

Going back to university to do software engineering but I have loved both of my jobs but mostly to do with the people- the jobs are both boring.
Original post by VikkiHanley
I've had two jobs, the previous one I had through college(working in a takeaway) and now I am a mortgage adviser.

Going back to university to do software engineering but I have loved both of my jobs but mostly to do with the people- the jobs are both boring.

Nerd moment here, but :five: about the course!

I do Computer Science, but did my year in industry in Software Engineering :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
About to have my last shift this evening of my second paid job. I also do weekly volunteering at my uni's archives.
Nerd moment here, but :five: about the course!

I do Computer Science, but did my year in industry in Software Engineering :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ay high five.

I did A-level IT which had a huge chunk of software development in. I enjoyed it and carried on after finishing college using code blocks, codeacademy and youtube videos etc to expand my knowledge as a hobby whilst also studying for CeMap exams for my job. So I have decided to give it a go at university as working in finance is definitely not for me!
Including any work experience, part-time work, or otherwise, how many jobs have you had? Do you enjoy the one you're currently in, or are you still looking for something else?

2 jobs since graduation 2 years ago because having many short term jobs (job-hopping) doesn't look good on a CV.
How long have you been in this job, so far? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nearly 5 months
sales assistant weekend job for 4 months
telesales evening job for 5 months
different telesales evening job for 19 months
student warden in halls for 1 year
support worker with learning disabilities for 1 year
teaching assistant for 2 years
freelance english teacher (current) for 3 months - not looking for anything else atm as I should be getting taken on a permanent contract soon where I'm working

also voluntary stuff:
teaching assistant 1 afternoon a week for 1 year
general fundraising volunteer now and then for 1 year
finance officer for youth fundraising panel a couple hours a week for 1 year
volunteer support worker in university holidays for 2 years
volunteer mental health drop in coordinator one afternoon a week for 1 year
volunteer research assistant 5-10 hours a week for 2 years
I'm in my fourth paid job now and I'm only sixteen! To begin with I worked at a pub and a restaurant simultaneously, the restaurant closed down and I quit the pub before I knew the restaurant was closing. I then went to waitress in a different restaurant for four months before now working in sainsburys! I'm happy here now and hope for a permanent job after my temporary contract ends

Posted from TSR Mobile
0 lol.

I volunteered at a library for 6 months+ and have had like 2.5 weeks work experience but other than that, nothing.

EDIT: oops sorry, didn't realise this was for graduates :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending