The Student Room Group

grad programs success rate

just want to ask how everybody else is getting on with their applications. applied late myself to half a dozen banks/boutiques (mostly AM) and have only just finished the online tests :s-smilie:. i dont think ill get much success this year, AM is tight enough even without leaving applications to late october like an idiot. kind of screwed up a few tests too.

would like to hear how you guys are doing. IB, AM, CR, risk, etc, all welcome. what the success rates are like, how many applications you sent and how far along you got. disclose as much and/or as little as you like!

as always, all help appreciated.
I am looking for accounting firms only:

Job offer from 1
Rejected from 3
Invited for interview/assessment centre for 3
Awaiting to do online tests for 1
Still writing application forms for 5
Reply 2
Original post by walkers38
I am looking for accounting firms only:

Job offer from 1
Rejected from 3
Invited for interview/assessment centre for 3
Awaiting to do online tests for 1
Still writing application forms for 5

still writing application forms?? wow, i would've thought that they'd be full up now and not accept any more applications. although im guessing accounting is different from IBD/AM/CF. congratulations on the offer though! out of interest, are you studying/did you study accounting as a degree?
Original post by TKSR123
still writing application forms?? wow, i would've thought that they'd be full up now and not accept any more applications. although im guessing accounting is different from IBD/AM/CF. congratulations on the offer though! out of interest, are you studying/did you study accounting as a degree?

Some of them are still going on, bear in mind they are mid-size accounting firms so work differently than banks and consultancy firms.

And yup, I am studying Accouting and Finance for the degree, hence the choice.
Reply 4
Original post by walkers38
Some of them are still going on, bear in mind they are mid-size accounting firms so work differently than banks and consultancy firms.

And yup, I am studying Accouting and Finance for the degree, hence the choice.

oh nice. i only asked because a few of the biggger accounting firms seem to offer places to non-accounting grads too. in fact, a friend of mine who studied business and management applied for accounting roles.
Original post by TKSR123
oh nice. i only asked because a few of the biggger accounting firms seem to offer places to non-accounting grads too. in fact, a friend of mine who studied business and management applied for accounting roles.

A lot of accounting graduate schemes don't require you to have done Accounting at uni. :tongue: One grad I started with did Maths, and another did History at uni.
I just applied to Deloitte and KPMG as I speak haha, so yeah even big firms still have vacancies left, although I admit I will probably be their least wanted option by now.
Reply 7
Original post by TKSR123
just want to ask how everybody else is getting on with their applications. applied late myself to half a dozen banks/boutiques (mostly AM) and have only just finished the online tests :s-smilie:. i dont think ill get much success this year, AM is tight enough even without leaving applications to late october like an idiot. kind of screwed up a few tests too.

would like to hear how you guys are doing. IB, AM, CR, risk, etc, all welcome. what the success rates are like, how many applications you sent and how far along you got. disclose as much and/or as little as you like!

as always, all help appreciated.

Would you like to give us some brief information about your resume?
Reply 8
Original post by Vallern
Would you like to give us some brief information about your resume?

33/36 in the ACTs (and an A in maths A-level), non-target university in london (soas) on track for at least 2:1 in intl management, 3 internships: 2 at small firms and the latest at a large chinese AM firm, possibly even a 4th this summer, shadowing a network contact at blackrock. member of various societies (finance and squash). fluent chinese (hsk 5), bunch of excel modelling courses.

hopefully by the summer i'll have done my GRE//GMAT and gotten on with the IMC too.

met a bunch of bankers/asset managers through Internations, quite a few business cards (if that's how you measure networking?) too. overall 90% are useless anyway.

not the best candidate of course but i think im decent. hopefully another internship/experience or two plus the IMC and GRE/GMAT and a masters at a target university will be good enough to land me a grad scheme in a year or two. :redface:
Hey,

If you're looking for some more accounting & finance roles to apply for, there's currently 97 available on Milkround:
http://www.milkround.com/jobs/accounting-and-finance/#browsing

Good luck and I hope this helps you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending