The Student Room Group

Oxford English Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I've applied Oxford, Durham, St Andrews, UCL and Exeter.

I've only got Exeter so far; still no news from Oxford
I've had an acknowledgement from Edinburgh, and I also applied to UCL and Durham (as well as KCL and Oxford). Your GCSE grades are amazing, oh my gosh!! I am always in awe of people on here - so much talent!! Thank you so much though, it's been months since results day and I am still convinced I'm going to get a phone call telling me they are wrong.
Original post by londonlobus
Anyone still waiting to hear back about interview/rejection? the wait is killing me !!!!!

Also what's the latest hour people are getting invites? I don't know whether or not to just call it a night and stop checking my email haha it's only making the nerves worse

Yep, still waiting on an interview/rejection! I KEEP checking my emails...Where have you applied to?
I got an interview from Mansfield today 💜 Anybody else got one from there? ☺️ Best of luck to everyone still waiting; it seems they're making their way through and I'm sure you'll be informed very soon xx
Got mine today from Somerville!!
Original post by JAJM
I've applied Oxford, Durham, St Andrews, UCL and Exeter.

I've only got Exeter so far; still no news from Oxford

I applied to four of the same - but Birmingham instead of Exeter!
Original post by Bea_catherine
I got an interview from Mansfield today 💜 Anybody else got one from there? ☺️ Best of luck to everyone still waiting; it seems they're making their way through and I'm sure you'll be informed very soon xx

Original post by Dani Heath

Congratulations and the best of luck to both of you!!
Original post by saintclaude
Congratulations and the best of luck to both of you!!

Thank you!! 💜

Well done! I'm sure it'll be an amazing time ☺️
Well done! I'm sure it'll be an amazing time ☺️

Does anyone know if we get our ELAT scores in the interview?
Does anyone know if we get our ELAT scores in the interview?

no we get them after offer/rejections are sent out in Jan
Reply 71
Hey English applicants! I've put together Oxford Interviews - Experience, Tips & Advice video which has subject-specific content for English interviews. I hope it helps some of you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rV99_p7DDA&t=81s :smile:

Also got mine from Somerville! SO excited, would love to get to know anyone else whos also going before the interviews so maybe it'll be less awkward and I'll actually know someone beforehand haha!
Reply 73
Original post by saintclaude
Has anyone else had an interview at UCL? I applied but haven't heard anything at all yet - feeling worried now!!!

I got an offer without being called for an interview so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending