The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nik P
lol, i used to think in the olden days everything was black and white...

I did that too! Amd I thought there wasn't lifer before tv :d
Everdawn
OMG! I used to love that show! It was so sad most of the time!

Do you remember when the woods was set alight :frown:
Reply 22
piginapoke

Made any arch enemies?

None that are still alive.

I'm suddenly awfully scared of pig! :eek:
What tasted better playdoh or plastacine?
playd'oh all the way
What your favourite toy?
Those micro machines war factories or whatever they're called
Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)?
no
What was the first song you remember hearing?
Oasis Wonderwall
What was your favourite TV show?
Didn't have a TV
What was your favourite childrens book?
Just William
Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal?
hot dinner
Ever throw up on a school trip?
nope
Made any arch enemies?
don't think so
Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make?
yeah!!!
Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair?
yep
Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? yes as a result of the gum.
Reply 24

Dont remember trying any

What your favourite toy?

my teddy :tongue:

Were you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)?

Yes, an angel

dont remember

playdays! (i was about 5)

topsy and tim

packed lunch

nope. but i did in the classroom

Made any arch enemies?

no never!

Nope

Yes bubblegum

Ever had a pudding bowl haircut?

No way
BloodyValentine
playd'oh all the way
What your favourite toy?
Those micro machines war factories or whatever they're called
no
Oasis Wonderwall

Didn't have a TV
Just William
hot dinner
nope
Made any arch enemies?
don't think so
yeah!!!
yep
Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? yes as a result of the gum.

That was only a couple of years ago!!! During the second summer of love (ahh 1996 how i miss those heady days)
Reply 26
What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? i only ever accidently drank paint..... so erm paint.
What was your favourite toy? my little piggy that did flips :tongue:
Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? Yep I was mary :biggrin:
What was the first song you remember hearing? The bluebells one erm the one where their at the fairground.
What was your favourite TV show? Button Moon :cool:
What was your favourite childrens book? The ones with the elephant family.
Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? packed lunch
Ever throw up on a school trip? nope
Made any arch enemies? yes :mad: :tongue:
Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? :confused:
Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? bubblegum :frown:
Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? nope dodgy fringe tho!!
Reply 27
What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? honestly never ate any!!!

What your favourite toy? hmm, i played a lot of imaginary games!!! (you know the one where you gallop about and pretend youre on a pony!!!!?? ahh good times!!!) but i did have a cuddly knitted scarecrow called....scarecrow!!!

Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? i grew up in australia, and we didnt do nativities!! i did play the scarecrow in the school play though!!

What was the first song you remember hearing? i was amazed people could actually remember this!! i have no idea!! it was probably van morrison or billy joel!! (parents!!!!!)

What was your favourite TV show? dogtanien!!!!(one for all and all for one muskahounds are something something!!!!!!) i loved x-men!!! and the animals of farthing wood!! ahh memories!!!!

What was your favourite childrens book? apparently when i was really little i loved chicken licken!!!

Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? packed lunch!!

Ever throw up on a school trip? no

Made any arch enemies? i wouldnt say arch!!

Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? noo!!! eekk manky pasty glue!!!

Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? i dont think so!!!!

Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? probably!!! i used to hate getting my hair cut, so my mum used to cut it whilst i slept!!!
Reply 28
What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? Playdoh

What your favourite toy? My little pony and barbies

Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? Yes - I played a paige :redface:

What was the first song you remember hearing? Gosh I dunno? Saturday night?

What was your favourite TV show? Sunday mornings they showed saved by the bell, little mermaid, etc.

What was your favourite childrens book? The magic chair/faraway tree by Enid Blyton

Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? I liked christmas dinner at school where they put hidden coins in the chocolate sponge!

Ever throw up on a school trip? Nope

Made any arch enemies? Yep

Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? Yes :redface:

Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? Yes :redface:

Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? No!
Reply 29
Hmmm, made loads of food with one of them, but never tasted it. Didn't know there was a difference though.

What your favourite toy?
Lego definitely. I could spend hours playing with it. And for the record, I absolutely hated dolls!

Yeah. The shephard. (Wasn't brilliant at acting, but loved the singing.)

Can't remember. Maybe the Barney theme tune. :redface:

Power rangers and gladiators. Loved many other programmes too.

Ummm, first, secret seven, famous five, mallory towers and St. Clares. And also Hardy Boys.

Packed lunch, then school luches. When I was young, I remember being really annoyed when I was one of only 2 having packed lunch, when the school lunch people got an ice lolly. Luckily though, the dinner lady was nice enough to give us one. :smile:

Nope, am not car sick or anything.

Made any arch enemies?
Sort of. One girl borrowed a video which I had borrowed from the library from me, before our GCSE exam. And she lost it, meaning that I couldn't watch it AND I had to pay for the cost of the video. Never have forgived her. She won't pay up, and she now comes to my uni. :mad:

Nope, but I did want those sweets which you sometimes put on.

Nope, but got gun all over my face when I blew a really big bubble.

I got a bummer cut.
Reply 30
Xenon

Nope, but I did want those sweets which you sometimes put on.

You put sweets on cards?! Personally I don't think my school could have ever let us do that, the dried pasta is tempting enough let alone actual sweets!
What tasted better playdoh or plastacine?ermm playdoh
What your favourite toy?i had a dolls house that my grandad made for me and it formed part of mine and my little brothers playmobil world in the loft
Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)?no i wasnt..i am bitter about this because school were selective and chose a special few to be in it...well hahaha i will show them!!!
What was the first song you remember hearing?i really don't know-i was never big on songs when i was little, although i remember i loved it when my dad used to play his pink floyd cds
What was your favourite TV show?playdays when really young(apart from the tent stop-that wobbling clown scared me!!) and then Knightmare..which is the best tv show ever!!! oooh and animals of farthing wood-this is embarrasing but i once wrote toby antsis(sp??) a letter saying if i could have anything in the world it would be to meet the animals of farthing wood..well a girl can dream
What was your favourite childrens book?i loved thomas the tank engine books aand mr men then i adored famous five(secret seven just didnt cut it!!)
Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal?packed lunch then hot dinners when i realised you got to choose where you sat and didnt have to put up with peoples smelly lunch..(or people throwing up into thier lunchbox..ugghh *shudders*
Ever throw up on a school trip?uuummmm suprisingly no i havnt-ive been thrown up on though(year 8 3am middle of france and damn then putting holes in carrier bags)
Made any arch enemies?oh hundereds..some i probably still wouldn't get on with now...ggrrrrrrr
Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make?no
Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair?ofcourse-bubblegum though not bluetack
Ever had a pudding bowl haircut?nooooooo

What was your favourite childrens book? The magic chair/faraway tree by Enid Blyton
and i loved that book too!!!!

to be honest this thread is sending me into memory overdrive...keep them coming and i might implode
Reply 32

Not quite the first song, or even a song. I liked the music that was played in chariots of fire, when the two guys wetre running. A classic!

Another question:

What was the first movie you ever watched in the cinema?

Mine was probably Teenage Mutat Ninja Turtles.
Reply 33
What your favourite toy? a cabbage patch baby called andrew
Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? at playgroup i was mary and didn't have any lines becuase i would just start crying otherwise
What was the first song you remember hearing? i can't remember very well i think it was cliff rcihard
What was your favourite TV show? burtha
What was your favourite childrens book? the hungry caterpilla
Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? packed lunch
Ever throw up on a school trip? never
Made any arch enemies? no
Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? No but when we had to blow paint througha straw to make a picture i got confused and sucked the paint up though the straw
Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? nope
had a big fringe
Reply 34
Pegasus
Let reminisce in the good ole days! :smile:

What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? playdoh, although i seemed to prefer common or garden mud.
What your favourite toy? Yellow tea-pot.
Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? Angel Gabriel (went through the first 18 years of my life thinking he was a girl who wore old gold tinsel wound around a coathanger on his head)
What was the first song you remember hearing? 'the frog song'/ 'Do they know it's christmas?'
What was your favourite TV show? Words and Pictures
What was your favourite childrens book? The Velveteen Rabbit.
Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? Packed lunch... school dinners: prepared by sadists, ate by masochists.
Ever throw up on a school trip? No but always wanted to suffer from travel sickness so I could have my own special tablets and paper bag.
Made any arch enemies? Lewis Jones - THE ONLY REASON YOU GOT THE PRIZE FOR BEING THE FIRST IN THE CLASS TO READ THE ALPHABET WAS BECAUSE YOUR SURNAME WAS BEFORE MINE. OK?! those star wars cards SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE! And Mrs. P - why the hell did you think that crappy mirror would be compensation?! A CRAPPY MIRROR!!!! but hey, i'm not bitter... a mirror?! Tsk.
Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? Er, yeah... how did you kow?
Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? Bubblegum and nits.
No, praise the lord the idea never occured to my mother.
Any other suggestions?
Reply 35

Playdoh, it was so salty!

What your favourite toy?

I always liked My Little Ponies

Yep, I was Mary. They decided to be a bit ironic and made the year 6 (10/11 year olds) do the nativity while the little ones did something random. They made me stuff a cushion up my dress and walk like I was pregnant, I was so embarrassed!

Wham, Wake Me Up Before You GoGo

Fantastic Max

What Katy Did

Packed Lunch

Nope

Made any arch enemies?

Emma Higgins. She stole my My Little Ponies. She tried to say they were hers but my mum had written my name on the feet!

Always! (I still have a much on some raw spaghetti if I can find it!)

No, but I did cut my own hair with a pair of safety scissors

Luckily I escaped that one

What was the first movie you ever watched in the cinema?

I vaguely remember seeing Bambi when I was about 4, I just remember being really upset about Bambi;s mum dying, I was so traumatised I've refused to watch it since! The first one I properly remember was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles though.

How about
First single/album you bought:
Sonia: I think Better the Devil You Know was on it.
Looking at peoples first songs is making me feel so old!
What tasted better playdoh or plastacine?playdoh...it tasted like pastry....
What your favourite toy?my teddy...but i did like cutting sindy's hair
Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)?i was always a wise man...always wanted to be an angel but i wasnt tall enough
What was the first song you remember hearing?kylie...locamotion..in a friends car....
What was your favourite TV show?the one with the funny monster planting seeds which were actually marbles and things like money trees grew...but ive never met anyone else who;s ever seen this programme..so it may have been in welsh, but i wouldnt have noticed the difference.
What was your favourite childrens book?famous 5....couldnt stand the secret 7, they were soooo up them selves
Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal?packed lunch since they refused to give me school dinners because i wouldnt eat the vegetables
Ever throw up on a school trip?nope!!! yuppeeee
Made any arch enemies?probably
Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make?i was hungry....
Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair?oh yeah.....was hell.
Ever had a pudding bowl haircut?nope...although i did have quite a few discusting bobs....
Any other suggestions?wasnt it fun back then....when you could kiss a guy without thinking i wonder if this will be love, how long till he dumps me, will i get bored, will we marry and have 400000 kids....oh to be naiive again!!
love Katy ***
Hi ya all first time poster here and def like this one.
What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? Niether didnt play with them as a kid didnt like the feel, now as an adult cant get enough, though I must say playdough smells better.
What your favourite toy?Tiny Tears
Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)?Angel
What was the first song you remember hearing?I must be really old as it was Stand by your man.
What was your favourite TV show?Mary mungo and mig
What was your favourite childrens book?Famous five any of
Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? school dinners yum!
Ever throw up on a school trip?Nope
Made any arch enemies?All the time when at high school got back all those that bullied me at primary.
Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? Yes!!Ha ha
Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? Always bubblegum
Ever had a pudding bowl haircut?Not that I can remember :smile: :tongue: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Playdoh

What your favourite toy?
a game called mousetrap - anyone remember it?

yes, I was a cow who for some surreal reason played the xylophone.

I remember mars from holsts planets

Knightmare

that one with the two monsters on opposite sides of a hill who throw rocks at eachother - that was quality

packed lunch

no

Made any arch enemies?
Yes, plenty

no - maybe i'll try now

bubblegum

no

MB
Pegasus
Let reminisce in the good ole days! :smile:

What your favourite toy? My little pony, my dolls...including Barbie :redface: Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?) Twice. I played Mary and an Angel.
What was the first song you remember hearing? I can't remember
What was your favourite TV show? I don't think I can recall the names of the programmes either :frown:
What was your favourite childrens book? The Very Hungry CaterpillarPacked lunch/home dinner/hot meal? Packed lunch.
Ever throw up on a school trip? No.
Made any arch enemies? Yes. A horrible girl pushed me out of the playhouse and being the drama queen and brat I was I wouldn't stop crying and lying about how my head hurt ever so much. The girl got in trouble...and we hated each other until I changed schools. I mean it's difficult to hate someone who's not there anymore :tongue:
Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? Yes! Especially when they were sprayed in gold.
Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? No.
No

Latest

Trending

Trending