Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Childhood Memories Questionnaire watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=randdom]

What was the first song you remember hearing?Crowded house - A song about choclate cake I can't remeber the name. My mum and dad played it all the time.

QUOTE]

It's called Chocolate cake. My parent's played it all the time too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    Let reminisce in the good ole days!

What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? playdoh
    What your favourite toy? a teddy bear
    Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? no
    What was the first song you remember hearing? happy birthday
    What was your favourite TV show? rainbow
    What was your favourite childrens book? alaphet something cant member
    Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? home dinner
    Ever throw up on a school trip? no
    Made any arch enemies? yes
    Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make?
    Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? yes
    Ever had a pudding bowl haircut?
    no
    Any other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Childhood! I miss it so much!
    What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? Playdoh allll the way loved the stuff, nice and salty.
    What your favourite toy? I refused to have favourites in case the others got jealous...loved all my soft toys! hated dolls as a child which disappointed my mother sooo much.
    Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? I was always an angel 0
    What was the first song you remember hearing? I really don't remember
    What was your favourite TV show? Animals of Farthing Wood was fantastic although I cried nearly every episode (such an emotional child) also liked sooty.
    What was your favourite childrens book? I read everything and anything...liked the enid blyton books and the chalet school ones whoever wrote those, I also read all of james herriott's when I was about 8, in some way they were the reason I became a vegetarian.
    Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? Packed Lunch every time.
    Ever throw up on a school trip? Never. In fact I haven't thrown up full stop since I was about 5.
    Made any arch enemies? No, I was too quiet to make enemies.
    Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? No
    Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? I got chewing gum in my hair once and had to cut it out which was devastating as I had quite long hair which i loved.
    Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Our teacher always reiterated a story about a child at her previous school who managed to skewer their eye with a pair of scissors having run with them. Scared the b'jesus out of me.

Thinking about it, she seemed to have horrific examples of accidents for anything people did which contravened rules, all at this mysteriously accident prone previous school.

I sense conspiracy.
    Were you also told the story about a boy who was chewing on a biro lid when he accidently swallowed it and had to be rushed to hospital where they cut a hole open in his throat so that he could brethe. To this day I have never chewed on a pen lid.

I have stuck various limbs out of windows of moving vehicles on several occasions though, without any misfortune :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Were you also told the story about a boy who was chewing on a biro lid when he accidently swallowed it and had to be rushed to hospital where they cut a hole open in his throat so that he could brethe. To this day I have never chewed on a pen lid.
    We weren't allowed to use biros, in fact any pen until year 3. A very special day, whereupon we were each issued with a Berol Handwriting pen - it was a particularly lovely day *sheds tear*.

Undoubtedly this was on the advice of experience from the accident advice co-ordinator of a teacher. At her previous school a small child was once was beaten up and had his/her lunch money stolen by a particularly menacing pen... probably.

ReputationRep:
    What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? They actually have a taste??
    What your favourite toy? My first tape recorder n recold player (yep Im old enough to remember vinyl )
    Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? Oh gawd the embarassment, I was the star that told the nativity play
    What was the first song you remember hearing? Green Door - Shakin Stevens
    What was your favourite TV show? Blakes Seven
    What was your favourite childrens book? Basically anything by Enid Blyton
    Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? School Dinners, I'll never forget the smell of cabbage
    Ever throw up on a school trip? No
    Made any arch enemies? Im still here, so ....
    Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? Umm memory lapse
    Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? No thank goodness
    Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? No to that one as well, phewwwwww
    Any other suggestions? Tilting your chair back and repeatedly getting told to sit properly rather than perching on two legs

What was the first movie you ever watched in the cinema?
    i remember going to see snow white with my mum one day..i also remember my friend had a party and we went to see aladin-i lost my watch in that cinema

What your favourite toy?
    yeh i had that-could never get it to work quite right though..it was pretty tough getting the balance of that trap right

What was your favourite TV show? Knightmare
    woo yay..that was brilliant

I think Toby Anstis might have been my first crush, at the age of about 8 or 9 . But alas, it appears from various internet rumours that he is gay.
    ahh really!!! he was a great childrens presenter..i loved him

oh and did anyone else used to love getting PVA glue all over thier hands just so they could peel it off when it dried..i really did do some wierd things when i was younger..year four we used to collect pencil sharpenings in a paper box on the pipes down the side of the table too!!-don't even ask me why..lol

and another childhood memory is of hiding under the table in year one with my friend michael during a thunder storm and deciding it was just god doing using the hoover and blowing up his microwave!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    oh and did anyone else used to love getting PVA glue all over thier hands just so they could peel it off when it dried..i really did do some wierd things when i was younger..year four we used to collect pencil sharpenings in a paper box on the pipes down the side of the table too!!-don't even ask me why..lol
    I did the PVA glue thing too! And I remember having competitions to see who could make the longest intact pencil shaving...

As for the pens - we weren't allowed them until we could do joined up writing neatly, as I recall. I had really neat writing but I didn't join it up fully in year 3 so I wasn't allowed a pen til I was a bit older... the *******s.

GOD I love this thread!

ReputationRep:
    We weren't allowed to use pens until we started high school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    We weren't allowed to use biros, in fact any pen until year 3. A very special day, whereupon we were each issued with a Berol Handwriting pen - it was a particularly lovely day *sheds tear*.

Undoubtedly this was on the advice of experience from the accident advice co-ordinator of a teacher. At her previous school a small child was once was beaten up and had his/her lunch money stolen by a particularly menacing pen... probably.
    The strange thing is we wern't allowed to use pens either so I'm not sure what the point of the story was.

Berol handwriting pens! We had those too! We were allowed to use them in year 4 if we had neat handwriting, otherwise we would have to wait until year 5 if you had messy writing like me

ReputationRep:
    What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? That's gross.
    What your favourite toy? My Kenya doll. You can put beads in her hair!
    Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? no
    What was the first song you remember hearing? something on star trek
    What was your favourite TV show? the gnomes
    What was your favourite childrens book? Anything but Dr Seuss
    Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? pizza
    Ever throw up on a school trip? no
    Made any arch enemies? that boy on the playground whose name I can't remember
    Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? I'll never tell.
    Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? no
    Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? ???????????
    Any other suggestions? I'm bored. Can you tell I'm bored? Well I am.

ReputationRep:
    What tasted better playdoh or plastacine? Plastacine is disgusting!
    What your favourite toy? Dolls when I was little, Lego when I was a bit older
    Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)? we didn't do nativities often, just random carol concerts or Oliver- I was Mr Brownlow and was rubbish!
    What was the first song you remember hearing? Downtown- Petula Clark, my mum had a 60s tape that's almost worn out we listened to it so much...
    What was your favourite TV show? Postman Pat! I think I remember a programme where they planted a random huge seed, then opened a door that was in a tree.....oh yeah, and what was that thing with the leprechaun things in a well?!
    What was your favourite childrens book? Read most things, but really liked Puddle Lane, Topsy and Tim, and We're Going On A Bear Hunt, oh and the Hungry Caterpillar
    Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal? Alternated between packed lunch and school dinners...semolina, gross!
    Ever throw up on a school trip? nope
    Made any arch enemies? there were a few people in the year above I didn't like, but I was firends with everyone in my class
    Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make? No
    Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair? Bluetack
    Ever had a pudding bowl haircut? Nope, dodgy bob with rather large fringe!
    Any other suggestions? I loved blowing bubbles in paint, and swirling ink in water then putting a sheet of paper on top...brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    What tasted better playdoh or plastacine?
    Playdoh

What your favourite toy?
    Probally lego, or mechano.

Where you ever in a nativity play (and who did you play?)?
    Wise Man #1

What was the first song you remember hearing?
    I don't know :s

What was your favourite TV show?
    The Sooty Show

What was your favourite childrens book?
    I was a sad kid, I used to read encylopaedias

Packed lunch/home dinner/hot meal?
    Packed Lunch

Ever throw up on a school trip?
    No

Made any arch enemies?
    Yes

Ever tried to eat the dried pasta on those pasta-cards that you had to make?
    No

Ever got Bluetack /bubblegum in your hair?
    No

Ever had a pudding bowl haircut?
    No

Any other suggestions?
    Yes

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.