Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

i got my offer for accommodation and got my first choice in gettin ensuite, self-catered and glen eyre, but im in the terrace 2 building which worries me a bit. it only has 180 people in it and some of them are postgrads and mature students. i wanted lots of people and a good social scene, can you still change your accommodation or am i just being silly?

http://www.soton.ac.uk/accommodation.../terrace2.html
    link ^

thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Terrace 2 is about 1 minutes walk from glen reception and about the same distance from chancellors courts...

ReputationRep:
    You're in Glen so don't worry! Even though the halls within it have different names they are very near to each other.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The sound proofing is a bit crap though so bring your earplugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    The sound proofing is a bit crap though so bring your earplugs

lol... ok!

i was just concerned that i won't be able to meet as many people in my small building

thanks for replying guys

ReputationRep:
    on the fees page http://www.soton.ac.uk/accommodation...es/0708ug.html terrace 2 isn't on the undergrads bit but is on the mature and postgrads section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evertonian)
    on the fees page http://www.soton.ac.uk/accommodation...es/0708ug.html terrace 2 isn't on the undergrads bit but is on the mature and postgrads section
    I'm fairly sure that it was a complete mix last year - they don't have enough mature/PG to always fill a certain type of accomm, and they're not going to leave it empty!

Also, for some people their room is only where they sleep...if you're living there you should have plenty of chance to meet friends (the Halls JCR usually put on Freshers events as well, so you can get to know people from other blocks better).

ReputationRep:
    last yr terrance 2 had loads of undergrads (im guessing its the new terrace). and it really doesnt matter which block you're in at glen. you're at glen which is all that matters its not like you're in a hall with 180 people in the middle of nowhere and thats it. some of the blocks at glen (the richard newitt blocks) have 12 people in them. you'll be right in the middle of the social scene. DO NOT PANIC!
    im pretty sure on the accommodation site theres a map of where all the blocks are which will show you glen is one huge complex with many smaller blocks in it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all the replies guys,

another thing... will the people sharing the kitchen with me be undergrads?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all the replies guys,

another thing... will the people sharing the kitchen with me be undergrads?

thanks
    You'll find out when you get there. However, at least in my experience, age doesn't necessarily mean anything. The tidiest/cleanest person I've lived with in halls was an undergrad, but so was the messiest!

ReputationRep:
    well i have accepted the offer now, so i hope its perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpig)
    last yr terrance 2 had loads of undergrads (im guessing its the new terrace). and it really doesnt matter which block you're in at glen. you're at glen which is all that matters its not like you're in a hall with 180 people in the middle of nowhere and thats it. some of the blocks at glen (the richard newitt blocks) have 12 people in them. you'll be right in the middle of the social scene. DO NOT PANIC!
    im pretty sure on the accommodation site theres a map of where all the blocks are which will show you glen is one huge complex with many smaller blocks in it.
    I got richard newitt courts.....there are only 12 people in the entire hall? Not sounding too positive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend789)
    I got richard newitt courts.....there are only 12 people in the entire hall? Not sounding too positive...
    I believe they are in blocks of 12, there is more than one block.

ReputationRep:
    My friend was in terrace 2 last year, and it was all undergrads if I remember rightly... flats of 6. The building's big enough so don't worry about making friends!! I can guarantee you you'll make lots of friends who don't live in the same halls as you!

ReputationRep:
    well i have accepted the offer now, so i hope its perfect
    I'm also in Terrace 2!

ReputationRep:
    nooo... the individual buildings have 12 people in. its like lots of little houses all set round a nice open space with a pond and picnic tables. its v nice and v v v sociable dont worry!! last year it was on the cover of the accomodation booklet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKD1986)
    I'm also in Terrace 2!
    sweet! i may see u around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpig)
    nooo... the individual buildings have 12 people in. its like lots of little houses all set round a nice open space with a pond and picnic tables. its v nice and v v v sociable dont worry!! last year it was on the cover of the accomodation booklet
    There is also a bigger block in Richard Newitt (H block) which has about 30 rooms

ReputationRep:
    im twinning with someone there.....

ReputationRep:
    if you join facebook there loads of terrace 2 people on there!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 2, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.