Self-catered accommodation at University of Nottingham Watch

BethanyJM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What self-catered halls are nicest at Nottingham? Id prefer to be as close to the city centre as possible, and Id love one with a gym?
emmitonk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi Bethany, The accommodation at Nottingham is all amazing!! In my first year I lived in independent accommodation which was right by the uni which I'm sure you'd really like. There was a huge gym there which included a jacuzzi! On the first floor there was a 24 hour canteen too which sold all kinds of thing including really healthy stuff. The social areas were really nice too, every 6/7ish flats had a big modern kitchen and lounge with TV. It's such nice accommodation but isn't advertised much by the uni but there's such a nice community there. Message me if you have any more questions!!
kiiten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emmitonk)
hi Bethany, The accommodation at Nottingham is all amazing!! In my first year I lived in independent accommodation which was right by the uni which I'm sure you'd really like. There was a huge gym there which included a jacuzzi! On the first floor there was a 24 hour canteen too which sold all kinds of thing including really healthy stuff. The social areas were really nice too, every 6/7ish flats had a big modern kitchen and lounge with TV. It's such nice accommodation but isn't advertised much by the uni but there's such a nice community there. Message me if you have any more questions!!
But this accommodation isnt part of the uni right? Its private??
Eimlough
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emmitonk)
Hey just wondering what this accomodation is called? Thanks
retardis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm currently studying at nottingham now and the best option for you is a place called Nottingham 2. They are run by a company called Derwent students who also own one of the proper university student accommodation Raleigh Park. Nottingham 2 has a gym downstairs which is free to use and it's around a 15 min walk to jubilee campus where you can catch the free hopper bus to UP. Otherwise it's broadgate park which is just outside UP and paying for sports membership which is 200 pounds. You will find however that if you want to join any sports societies you will most likely have to buy the sports membership anyway.

EDIT: Also Nottingham 2 is a 20 min walk from the city centre or there are really good buses outside.
carabird
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm really interested in going to Nottingham Two, but concerned it wont be as sociable as halls run by the university, is it mainly postgraduate or undergraduates there?
retardis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by carabird)
I'm really interested in going to Nottingham Two, but concerned it wont be as sociable as halls run by the university, is it mainly postgraduate or undergraduates there?
It's not too bad, they put on loads of events such as free deserts every Tuesday and their common room is decent, Xbox, table tennis, pool etc. I'd say it's a mix between international and home undergrad students which isn't too bad. Only issue is since its not university accommodation you won't get events organised such as Christmas formals or freshers events they do. But for freshers most people don't go to the SU events anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads