Turn on thread page Beta

Would you go out with a...erm...big lad/lass? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Really overweight? No way, I just don't find anyone like that attractive. If a guy can't look after himself how can he look after me?

ReputationRep:
    I got asked out by one of my friends once but I declined the offer. He's a nice guy but he's largly overweight and I just wasn't attracted to him. I know that sounds quite shallow but there has to be that initual attraction before hand and I just didn't have that with him.

ReputationRep:
    go out with anyone thats a size 10 or over??!?! No way gross.

hoho

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's very overweight, it doesn't make him any less sexy in my eyes, its his personality i fell for anyway. He is trying to lose it and it is going slowly but surely. It doesn't bother me that he is fat, i just want him to lose it for health reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, I probably wouldn't go out with a fat guy. As people have said...there has to be the physical attraction too. And I am physically attracted to skinny men.

ReputationRep:
    i have done and would do again, she had pcos and the only tablets that helped her stay slim also made her want to kill people, i had the best sex ive ever had with that girl, was amazing.

it is shallow if you say "no i wouldnt" but i dont think that is a negative thing, it's up to you personally how you feel about being judged by other people and stupid though it is, people do judge fat people, and if you cant handle being proud of being with an overweight person, then at least you can admit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    My boyfriend's very overweight, it doesn't make him any less sexy in my eyes, its his personality i fell for anyway. He is trying to lose it and it is going slowly but surely. It doesn't bother me that he is fat, i want him to lose it for health reasons.
    Finally, someone I admire on this thread.

I'm sick of this shallow society who are only willing to judge a book by its cover and won't even bother to look at the pages.

I've fallen for a few overweight girls in my time because I got to know them first. No, the initial physical attraction wasn't there, but as I got to know them I ended up feeling closer to them and ended up feeling physically attracted to them too, because I learnt to appreciate the good things about them.

I can't stand the whole concept that fat = no chance, as if it's just a straight black & white answer.

ReputationRep:
    But its not like there is no cure to fatness. Hippo you're talking as if being fat is a disease inflicted upon the innocent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    But its not like there is no cure to fatness. Hippo you're talking as if being fat is a disease inflicted upon the innocent.
    Not at all, although I'm not too keen on your assumption that my weight is my own fault. In many situations this isn't the case.

That said, although there is no "cure to fatness", I don't feel that I should have to lose weight just to please some shallow-minded individual who otherwise wou;dn't look twice at me. As if being lighter somehow made me a better person.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is six foot three, has a 50 inch chest, and yes he is overweight. Does it make him less attractive?? No! Like Hippieglitter, my boyfriend is also trying to loose a bit of weight for health reasons, however he is a full time professional referee, and is loosing a lot of it now that the football season is on.

Do I find him attractive? Of course I bloody do, he is my big man and I wouldn't trade it for the world

Overall, people find different things attractive, and as long as you are happy and healthy, go for it!

(Original post by King Hippo)
    What a stupid comment. Mostly everyone who has posted on this thread has said they would date an overweight person, there's nothing unadmirable about someone who does not want to have a relationship with a morbidly obese person.

ReputationRep:

I'm sick of this shallow society who are only willing to judge a book by its cover and won't even bother to look at the pages.

I've fallen for a few overweight girls in my time because I got to know them first. No, the initial physical attraction wasn't there, but as I got to know them I ended up feeling closer to them and ended up feeling physically attracted to them too, because I learnt to appreciate the good things about them.

I can't stand the whole concept that fat = no chance, as if it's just a straight black & white answer.
    There is a difference between not wanting to date a seriously overweight person, and wanting nothing to do with them whatsoever. Most people know that looks do not reflect upon personality I'm sure almost everyone would happily have a good friendship with a very overweight person, but I think it's a bit unrealistic to say that just because you don't find rolls of fat physically attractive, then you're a mean and shallow person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiscoPirate)
    What a stupid comment. Mostly everyone who has posted on this thread has said they would date an overweight person, there's nothing unadmirable about someone who does not want to have a relationship with a morbidly obese person.
    I don't know what thread you're looking at, because on that whole first page the vast majority have flat out said no to any overweight people.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever seen a fat person eat? :pig:

I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what thread you're looking at, because on that whole first page the vast majority have flat out said no to any overweight people.
    Are you sure they weren't just answering the OP's question about someone seriously overweight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Not really. Im a sexual beast and I just wouldn't want to have sex with rolls.

A few pounds is no big deal though.
    As a sexual beast wouldn't your instincts tell you to lay into anything?

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry, i'm shallow.. no!

If you read the entire thread, you will see that many would date an overweight person, but not a 'very' overweight person.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd be attracted to a very fat person. Muscles and/or a bit of podge is fine, but visible obesity is just a turn-off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    As a sexual beast wouldn't your instincts tell you to lay into anything?
    Not when standards are involved.

Seriously though, attraction is more than "does that person have a penis". Although I realise your question was in jest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.