The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

chubby, yeah. not obese or anything though.
So how many of you would date an underweight person... and by that I thinking BMI of 13-15.
Reply 42
This is highly subjective, people probably get different images in their heads when they read the word overweight. Just how overweight are we talking about.

Rik Waller overweight-NO!!, Jimmy Carr podge- yes, possibly, err, Jonathan Ross(sorry, have a thing about him)- yes, definitely, even if he's far from toned and muscular.
Reply 43
poetic_harriyot
So how many of you would date an underweight person... and by that I thinking BMI of 13-15.

Good question.

What does a BMI of 13-15 look like? :confused:
Reply 44
poetic_harriyot

i think most men look disgusting when they're underweight.

and looks aside, it's indication that a man does not lead the kind of lifestyle i admire. Most men who are that underweight are either anorexic (yes, men can have eating disorders too) or the kind of 'fast metabolism' person who says 'i can eat whatever i want' and proceeds to gorge on crap and not bother with significant exercise.

That don't impress me much.
Steven666
And I'm not enjoying the unwanted attention atm.

What does this part of your post mean?

Anyway, I'm less fussy than are most blokes, when it comes to a few extra pounds (makes 'em more cuddly, after all.....), but grossly overweight equals unattractive. Besides, whenever I've shared a bed with a too-fat bird, I've always found them to generate too much body heat, thus making me feel sweaty, and unable to sleep. Plus, fat people breath too heavily, and snore too loudly....
grace
i think most men look disgusting when they're underweight.

and looks aside, it's indication that a man does not lead the kind of lifestyle i admire. Most men who are that underweight are either anorexic (yes, men can have eating disorders too) or the kind of 'fast metabolism' person who says 'i can eat whatever i want' and proceeds to gorge on crap and not bother with significant exercise.

Yeah, I agree with this.

I wouldn't date someone at the extremes of weight, basically: not extremely underweight and not extremely overweight.
grace

Did you 'sing' that in your mind as you wrote it? Coz I definitely did when I read it! :p:
PaperMoon
This is highly subjective, people probably get different images in their heads when they read the word overweight. Just how overweight are we talking about.

Rik Waller overweight-NO!!, Jimmy Carr podge- yes, possibly, err, Jonathan Ross(sorry, have a thing about him)- yes, definitely, even if he's far from toned and muscular.

Yeah I think we're talking Waller sized here. I'd never class Jimmy Carr as overweight :confused:
Reply 49
Sehnsucht
Did you 'sing' that in your mind as you wrote it? Coz I definitely did when I read it! :p:

hahaha i totally did :cool:
Reply 50
Unfortunately I couldn't date a man with bigger breasts than mine :s-smilie:
How big are your breasts?
Reply 52
dyslexic_banana
How big are your breasts?

:rolleyes: big enough...
Reply 53
Yes. But only if he had a nice face, so I guess I'm still shallow.:biggrin:
im a size 8/10 at a push so i dont think it would work..sexually

like most im just not really attracted to someone morbidly obese physically...as a person and a friend certainly but not as a lover.
Reply 55
No.

I feel so guilty writing that :-( But i just couldn't, it doesn't look nice, i don't find it attractive, and to be perfectly honest, i wouldn't really want to be seen with them in 'that' way. Hopefully the fatties'll stick to the other fatties, then it will all kinda work out!
Lucia.
:rolleyes: big enough...

Have you got any pictures, so I can get a better idea about them???

Only joking...........
Reply 57
I think the people getting worked up have missed the original point of this thread, which was would you date a VERY overweight person. And my answer to that is simply no.

However, as I am a size 14ish (and no that does not make me 'fat' thank you very much) I have no issues with people who are slightly larger, because lets face it, we'd look better than if I was with some little stick of a guy.

My ex was about 15 stone when I started seeing him, and when I left him he'd got down to about 11. His weight was never an issue to me, but at the same time I was proud of him for wanting to be healthier.

My current guy is also a little overweight, and that isn't an issue to me. If he wants to have a belly thats fine, as long as he doesn't get rude if I were to put on weight!
I wouldnt go for the extremes of weights, but as it is my bf is teetering on the edge of overweight [bmi wise] and is losing weight, and Im proud of him =) Hes doing it for his health, and to make him feel better about his body.
Reply 59
There was an article on BBC News regarding this issue, I'll try and find it, but it basically says that humans find fatness actually sickening!

Will find and post it as soon as possible.

Latest

Trending

Trending