Turn on thread page Beta

Driving unaccompanied on provisional licence watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a full US license?

ps. The number of pompous, self righteous morons on this thread is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Surely people who point out that driving without a licence or insurance on unfamiliar roads is wrong aren't necessarily self-righteous and pompous? Imagine how peeved you'd be if someone wrote off your car and there was no way of recouping the cost.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine stole a car, crashed it and wrote it off and had not even a provisional and got away with a 120 quid fine. I'm not recommending anyone break the law but the fact is the pigs don't punish as harshly as the public make out they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Do you have a full US license?

Why is that then?

To suggest that it would be pretty stupid to drive round unaccompanied is hardly pompous and self righteous, is it?!
    Most people wouldnt even consider doing it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowtruck)
    A friend of mine stole a car, crashed it and wrote it off and had not even a provisional and got away with a 120 quid fine. I'm not recommending anyone break the law but the fact is the pigs don't punish as harshly as the public make out they do.
    The fine for driving without insurance is less than getting insurance for young drivers - the system is so daft. Still, if everyone thought they could break the rules then our roads would descend into anarchy! I think a certain amount of pompousness (?!) is necessary cos our roads are dangerous enough as it is - we don't need any more risks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    The fine for driving without insurance is less than getting insurance for young drivers - the system is so daft. Still, if everyone thought they could break the rules then our roads would descend into anarchy! I think a certain amount of pompousness (?!) is necessary cos our roads are dangerous enough as it is - we don't need any more risks.
    Exactly, the punishments are too lax. My dad used to work as a truck driver and it was cheaper to run them with worn tires and replace them when they blew as paying the police fine was far cheaper than new tires. That's changed now so i think the fines for insurance should increase too.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.