Turn on thread page Beta

How much is to much to spend on a wallet??? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    A 20 pound wallet would serve exactly the same purpose.
    Difference in quality and style... The last wallet I bought (before my current one) was £17 and didnt last for more than 9 months. And I always take care of my stuff.

ReputationRep:
    £130 on a wallet?
    your kidding
    i'd never spend that much on one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenna_is_ace)
    Paul Smith stuff is really nice, that wallet especially. I say buy it if you have the spare cash and you like it. Just don't lose it, I always lose my purses because I'm rubbish, so I never buy nice purses anymore.
    looooooooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with spending a sum such as that on a wallet. You have to make sure its a slim one. You dont want to buy a wallet that makes it seem that you are walking around with a dildo in your pocket.

btw did you get the idea for that wallet from Mens Health? i swear i saw it there this month ...looks good either way (not keen at all on the £100 one though!)

ReputationRep:
    T'is alot of money, but if you want it and got your heart set on it, would be hard to forget about it / find an alternative.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the one Antics posted, the one with the signature stripes is far too loud, it's just screaming out "look at me, I can afford expensive things" while the other one is more understated. Also, the Mini design is quite personal to me, so that's why I like it. I think I'm guna buy it on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    I dont like the second one that was posted, the stripes were too much, the other one looked pretty cool. If you've saved up for it, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    If you're unsure then don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    hmm how bout no

them paul smith stripes got old

ReputationRep:
    I would rather buy a cheap wallet and have money to spend on clothes, I suggest you purchase one which is around £20 which would probably be sufficient then you could spent the other £110 on something much more productive!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't spend that much on a wallet. If i spent that much i wouldnt have any money to go in it.

ReputationRep:
    I have only ever spent £50 on a wallet/purse. it's one of those ones with the little dog on, tan leather. it's quite nice, but I'm so worried about getting marks on it that I hardly ever use it. so I could never ever spent £100+ on one! I'd never take it out of the house for fear of ruining it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss-sparkles)
    I wouldn't spend that much on a wallet. If i spent that much i wouldnt have any money to go in it.
    haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p: I agree!!!:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..Inphinite..)
    Difference in quality and style... The last wallet I bought (before my current one) was £17 and didnt last for more than 9 months. And I always take care of my stuff.
    So you got ripped off then when you spent £17 and now you are going to be ripped off again by spending £120+ :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tagit)
    So you got ripped off then when you spent £17 and now you are going to be ripped off again by spending £120+ :rolleyes: .
    When I do eventually get it, I'm quite sure it'll last me for 5+ years. As I said, its an investment in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tagit)
    OK, that was pretty ironic, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Inphinite, what do you put in your wallet besides cash/paper notes of sorts/cards that could cause your wallet to fall apart so quickly? Also, what material was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisbemadness)
    Im sure Ive seen that wallet in TK Maxx a lot cheaper??

£130 though is well pricey IMO, but if you like it then get it
    :confused:

So have I!

My two cents - wallets are for putting money in, not spending it on . In all honesty, do you really want it? Who's going to notice anyways, unless you purposely draw attention to it? If I were you, I'd spend it on a nice bag instead.

But if you want to, go ahead. It is a gorgeous wallet.

ReputationRep:
    There's no "too much" I don't think. If you have the money and want to spend it on a nice wallet it doesn't matter what it costs.

However, having said that, were I to spend that much on a wallet, I'd make sure it's one that'll last. That one's cool but I can imagine you'll get bored of it quite quickly so I'd buy a plainer one. It doesn't really look very expensive either, and whilst you don't want to be ostentatious I wouldn't particularly want to spend a lot of money on a wallet and have people think it came from Gadget! For £20 more you could get a really nice Mulberry one that'd last you forever. But, if you like it, £130 isn't all that much in the long term so you should go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Inphinite, what do you put in your wallet besides cash/paper notes of sorts/cards that could cause your wallet to fall apart so quickly? Also, what material was it?
    Condoms... :p:

It was leather, but just an isht quality. I got it as a gift, like... didn't buy it myself.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.