The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

more adventurous
A 20 pound wallet would serve exactly the same purpose.

Difference in quality and style... The last wallet I bought (before my current one) was £17 and didnt last for more than 9 months. And I always take care of my stuff.
£130 on a wallet?
your kidding
i'd never spend that much on one
jenna_is_ace
Paul Smith stuff is really nice, that wallet especially. I say buy it if you have the spare cash and you like it. Just don't lose it, I always lose my purses because I'm rubbish, so I never buy nice purses anymore.
looooooooooooooooooool
Nothing wrong with spending a sum such as that on a wallet. You have to make sure its a slim one. You dont want to buy a wallet that makes it seem that you are walking around with a dildo in your pocket.

btw did you get the idea for that wallet from Mens Health? i swear i saw it there this month ...looks good either way (not keen at all on the £100 one though!)
Reply 24
T'is alot of money, but if you want it and got your heart set on it, would be hard to forget about it / find an alternative.
Reply 25
I don't like the one Antics posted, the one with the signature stripes is far too loud, it's just screaming out "look at me, I can afford expensive things" while the other one is more understated. Also, the Mini design is quite personal to me, so that's why I like it. I think I'm guna buy it on Monday! :smile:
I dont like the second one that was posted, the stripes were too much, the other one looked pretty cool. If you've saved up for it, go for it.
If you're unsure then don't get it.
Reply 28
hmm how bout no

them paul smith stripes got old
I would rather buy a cheap wallet and have money to spend on clothes, I suggest you purchase one which is around £20 which would probably be sufficient then you could spent the other £110 on something much more productive!
Reply 30
I wouldn't spend that much on a wallet. If i spent that much i wouldnt have any money to go in it.
I have only ever spent £50 on a wallet/purse. it's one of those ones with the little dog on, tan leather. it's quite nice, but I'm so worried about getting marks on it that I hardly ever use it. so I could never ever spent £100+ on one! I'd never take it out of the house for fear of ruining it.
Miss-sparkles
I wouldn't spend that much on a wallet. If i spent that much i wouldnt have any money to go in it.

haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p: I agree!!!:yy:
Reply 33
..Inphinite..
Difference in quality and style... The last wallet I bought (before my current one) was £17 and didnt last for more than 9 months. And I always take care of my stuff.

So you got ripped off then when you spent £17 and now you are going to be ripped off again by spending £120+ :rolleyes: .
Tagit
So you got ripped off then when you spent £17 and now you are going to be ripped off again by spending £120+ :rolleyes: .

When I do eventually get it, I'm quite sure it'll last me for 5+ years. As I said, its an investment in my opinion.
Tagit

OK, that was pretty ironic, lol.
Reply 36
Inphinite, what do you put in your wallet besides cash/paper notes of sorts/cards that could cause your wallet to fall apart so quickly? Also, what material was it?
Reply 37
thisbemadness
Im sure Ive seen that wallet in TK Maxx a lot cheaper??

£130 though is well pricey IMO, but if you like it then get it

:confused:

So have I!

My two cents - wallets are for putting money in, not spending it on :wink:. In all honesty, do you really want it? Who's going to notice anyways, unless you purposely draw attention to it? If I were you, I'd spend it on a nice bag instead.

But if you want to, go ahead. It is a gorgeous wallet.
There's no "too much" I don't think. If you have the money and want to spend it on a nice wallet it doesn't matter what it costs.

However, having said that, were I to spend that much on a wallet, I'd make sure it's one that'll last. That one's cool but I can imagine you'll get bored of it quite quickly so I'd buy a plainer one. It doesn't really look very expensive either, and whilst you don't want to be ostentatious I wouldn't particularly want to spend a lot of money on a wallet and have people think it came from Gadget! For £20 more you could get a really nice Mulberry one that'd last you forever. But, if you like it, £130 isn't all that much in the long term so you should go for it.
Pav27
Inphinite, what do you put in your wallet besides cash/paper notes of sorts/cards that could cause your wallet to fall apart so quickly? Also, what material was it?

Condoms... :p:

It was leather, but just an isht quality. I got it as a gift, like... didn't buy it myself.

Latest