The Student Room Group

I'm stuck in life

I dropped out of my maths course at Durham University, didn't finish my first year due to my severe depression and anxiety disorder. I failed to learn anything during the year, failed to seek help and failed to go to my exams.
Now I'm stuck with a house to pay for, couldn't find a replacement tenant. But I thought I'd come up to live for abit and try to sort things out.
With just a couple hundred quid left to my name, I don't have enough to pay for the next £1300 rent, and I don't know what to do with my life.
I've tried looking for a temporary job, but haven't found one, seems like people don't want to hire someone in such an unstable position.
And to maybe give more detail about my situation, I'm Chinese, my parents aren't helping, and I'm now really just on my own. It's been so tough
I just need some guidance, anything to point me in the right direction
Hello Wenbob,

I hope you are better now. Perhaps you should try to talk to a counsellor from Durham University although you are no longer a registered student.

Best wishes!
I really hope things are getting better for you, Wenbob. Perhaps you should first talk to a counsellor from your university.

Quick Reply

Latest