Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    fair enough lol! it basically lots of bodywork being chopped about and welded back up. If your unsure, just ask!

next week it shoudl start to come together, although im not sure how many updates il be able to make. borrowing a mechanics workshop for a week.

ReputationRep:
    Looking good Will you help me if a buy a 205 GTi?

(Original post by nmt_oli)
    sorry! not giving this one away, not just yet anyway! Its my first car, had it nearly 4 years, and have yet to drive it!
    I'd never take all that hard work from you :eek: I was only playing :p: hehe!

ReputationRep:
    Any progress on this?

Yeah :teeth: is there any?!?!?! I can't waiiiiit!

ReputationRep:
    There is progress!! Sorry i havent been around, mega work sesh on mini at a workshop, and moving into uni has meant no internet for a few weeks. now ive moved, i can't find my bloody card reader, so i can't upload the pics.

don't fear, they will be here shortly!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, here ya go!
    Spoiler:
    Show

rear subby build started

sill going on

Rear arch repair piece

When the rear subby rusts through/arches completely disintegrate, then i will get a beam axle, coilovers and tub+ turret the rear arches.

loading up to go to the garage -Big thanks to john and Kev at Brunston Motors for the use of thier garage facilities for 2 weeks-

rest of the mini is in the back of the golf! LOW!

rear arch patch installed.

another repair peice tacked in

2nd floorpan went in much neater than the first, combination of less rust to begin with, experience, and better welding gas.

Rust was worse at the rear of the sill on this side though

Me preping the dorrstep/quaterpanel lip for the new sill.

Repairs to the inner sill/floor

painted inner sill before welding on new sill

new sill on and primed

all sprayed up

Striped, cleaned, re seam-sealed, painted and undersealed the whole of the underside.

Rear subby on the car

Front subby on the car!

smoothed bulkhead, still need work, was primered to stop the filler soaking up water while towing it home in the rain.

My fuel tank arrived

And my new jack! Won it in a miniworld competition.

And the car back home, on its wheels for the first time in quite some time!

Although it may seem like LOADS of pics there, in comparison to previous updates pics are quite thin for the amount of work done. I was flat out, and kept forgetting to take pics, which i do regret.

im back at uni now, so project will be slowing down again. only be working on it some weekends.

unfortunatley engine still hasnt arrived, the bench dyno operator has let my engine builder down big time, so im very pissed off about that.

ReputationRep:
    Good work mate, been following this with a huge amount of interest.

Glad you got a rolling chassis again, that is always a huge step, it feels like you are so close then and then you realise that you have no electrics, engine or interior and your heart sinks! But, on the plus, no more boring bodywork!

ReputationRep:
    Looking good I love the bonnet you've got, it'll look great when it's got lights in it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    But, on the plus, no more boring bodywork!
    If only!!!!

New plans include: debumpering the rear, and replacing the front end again with a removable carbon fibre composite front end, same with the bootlid.

Also got to weld up and smooth LHD wiper mounts, and prep everything (interior- including roof after headlining removal, new panels, rear bumper area after debumpering, engine bay) then paint.

Now ive missed my initial deadline, im doing it properly.

ReputationRep:
    Well the list is getting smaller!

ReputationRep:
    It never gets smaller grahame...

ReputationRep:
    Much to learn my young padawan...

ReputationRep:
    lol you're kidding, right?

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i was actually inpersonating you, like what you would have thought when you posted that first bit, but hey ho!

ReputationRep:
    i suggest you put away the power tools and get the gardening tools out, lol

ReputationRep:
    Should see what happened to my garden whilst I was doing the v8 swap.... grass was a foot high by the time I was finished!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    i suggest you put away the power tools and get the gardening tools out, lol

already been done!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Its lookin good!

Great to see such a great car being restored properly for once!

Would love to have done it with mine.. before i sold it on, but i just wouldn't know where to start!

Good luck with the rest of it

ReputationRep:
    Right, STILL havnet got the engine, but i do have some picys of it now!

Tasty isn't it?

I have also bought some very tasty bits from someone breaking there project as they need to move house.

One Z cars front subframe:

This will be powder coated white.

I also purchased KAD anti roll bars (front one shown with subframe there), and a modified gear linkage + selector with a KAD quickshift form the same guy.

Don't worry about my rear suspension either, here are some pictures of my freinds car, and ive been talking to the same guy who has done these mods.

Tubbed and turreted arches, with cut down subframe running coilovers:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.