The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Schafer house...any good?

Scroll to see replies

Vincente
Unfortunately not. The problem is the flat system.... and the other 2 people in my hall (which is a small one guess) either is an international or unsociable! But which floor are you in?

I'm on the 4th floor...there's tons of international students on my floor and they stick together because they got here earlier than us.

I'd hate to be in a flat with two other people!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 121
I'd hate to be in a flat with two other people!

:redface: at least your falt has more people (I'm guessing). But I might make a bigger effort next week to meet more people around Schafer house.
Ahh my (then) boyfriend lived in schafer (B53 anyone??) last year and i loved the place!! Many a good memory... the rooms are decent enough, max 5 to a pretty decent kitchen/shower and two toilets, and the location is amazing - warren st and euston square stations, UCL main campus, 3 supermarkets, restaurants, cashpoint, loads of buses and loads of random shops within 5mins walk!! His flatmates were quite quiet (3 internationals and an English guy who kept himself to himself) but he became pretty good friends with a flat downstairs. Once all the student nights really kick off you'll probably get into a routine of pregaming in someone's kitchen playing drinking games before heading down there... ahh good times! You guys are pretty lucky I reckon, if I'd gone to UCL (my 2nd choice) I would definitely have wanted to be in Schafer!
Well I'm in Schafer right now as we speak but I'm leaving soon. :p:
Philosoraptor
Well I'm in Schafer right now as we speak but I'm leaving soon. :p:

Why were you in Schafer....was there a party there?
Reply 125
Eeerrrr was there a BBQ in Schafer house in the end on Saturday? I came back from the footie trials at 5.30 pm and the common room was a mess, but there was no people and theres apparantly a party tonight according to someone on my history course.
Oh, just remembered the only bad thing about Schafer last year - there was a mouse in the (pretty damn clean) bedroom...
dinkymints
Oh, just remembered the only bad thing about Schafer last year - there was a mouse in the (pretty damn clean) bedroom...

:eek: :eek: Don't say that I've got lots of tinned food under my bed that i can't fit in my cupboard and my room is a mess. You've scared me now!
Reply 128
I'm convinced I heard squeaking sounds behind the walls in my room..... but hey this is London and apparantly theres more rats than humans!
Vincente
I'm convinced I heard squeaking sounds behind the walls in my room..... but hey this is London and apparantly theres more rats than humans!

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 130
You shouldn't really worry, I mean you are in the 4th floor and I live in the ground floor. Anyways if your food is canned surely they can't detect that theres food.
Vincente
You shouldn't really worry, I mean you are in the 4th floor and I live in the ground floor. Anyways if your food is canned surely they can't detect that theres food.

Maybe extra smart mouse can detect canned food. I have some food in packets aswell and some cereal and some crisps...none of it's opened though :frown: . I was looking under my bed and all round my room to see if there were any mouse droppings or any other traces of them...and i can't find any. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight now! :frown:

You said you heard squeaking in the walls....do mice live in walls??? I've never understood how mice get into someones house. :confused:
Erm, the room in question was on the fifth floor...!

Although one of his flatmates was quite disgustingly messy so maybe his room attracted them... so I wouldn't worry too much! It got sorted out quite quickly, someone came in to put poison down or whatever.
Reply 133
Lolly did you go to the schafer house party in the end? That was my first... although it was a bit naff and I went off with a few guys to a pub!
Vincente
Lolly did you go to the schafer house party in the end? That was my first... although it was a bit naff and I went off with a few guys to a pub!

Which Schafer house party??? I thought there wasn't one in the end :confused: . I went home for the weekend but my flatmates had a party and they seemed to have bonded more now...so i'm pretty annoyed i missed it. ;dry;
Reply 135
Are you in the Schafer facebook thing? Theres another even on Tuesday night I think although i don't think i'm going because i'm going to a ssees event instead.....
Hi there!

I was in Schafer in my first year, as as everyone has said the location is amazing. 10 minutes from bed-lectures :'D
Also it's quite nice and new, and some of the rooms are huge, although this depends what you're allocated.
You'll be in a 'flat' of 5 students, so really make an effort to get along with your flatmates! Makes for good hangout times in the kitchen/birthday meals/christmas dinner etc.
It's not one of the big party halls, but it can be sociable if you make the effort to get to know students in other flats - I'd recommend doing this!

See you all in September! - Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending