The Student Room Group

So, there's a proper method of making a cup of tea...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3103

I laughed at this more than I should have done. But yeah, whilst watching The Chase earlier, I discovered that there's a standardised method of brewing a cup of tea. Thinking it was a joke, I googled it to discover it was a real thing.
"The method consists in extracting of soluble substances in dried tea leaf, containing in a porcelain or earthenware pot, by means of freshly boiling water, pouring of the liquor into a white porcelain or earthenware bowl, examination of the organoleptic properties of the infused leaf, and of the liquor with or without milk, or both."

^^ When you try and make something ordinary sound amazing on your personal statement/CV by using sophisticated language
Original post by Tiger Rag

I laughed at this more than I should have done. But yeah, whilst watching The Chase earlier, I discovered that there's a standardised method of brewing a cup of tea. Thinking it was a joke, I googled it to discover it was a real thing.

The page is amusing.

"This standard is not meant to define the proper method for brewing tea, but rather how to document the tea brewing procedure so sensory comparisons can be made. An example of such a test would be a taste-test to establish which blend of teas to choose for a particular brand or basic label in order to maintain a consistent tasting brewed drink from harvest to harvest."
Original post by neon_reaper
"The method consists in extracting of soluble substances in dried tea leaf, containing in a porcelain or earthenware pot, by means of freshly boiling water, pouring of the liquor into a white porcelain or earthenware bowl, examination of the organoleptic properties of the infused leaf, and of the liquor with or without milk, or both."

^^ When you try and make something ordinary sound amazing on your personal statement/CV by using sophisticated language

What an amazing comparison.

:laugh:

Call yourself British, huh? :wink:
I was under the impression that cast-iron teapots are superior to porcelain?
Reply 7
Lol there's a controversy section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Move oolong, there is nothing to tea here

:getmecoat:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Move oolong, there is nothing to tea here

:getmecoat:

It won't let me rep you!

Someone needs to start a food pun thread!
Reply 10
It won't let me rep you!

Someone needs to start a food pun thread!

I was thinking about it, I wanna do it :tongue:
Wanted to try it out but didn't have the white porcelain pot for the first step. Okay. I'll drink my not proper made tea. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest