Turn on thread page Beta

The ironic thing is that it’s actually the Third World, who widowmaker is bleeding his heart over, that is causing our debt problems.

House prices are so ridiculously high because demand exceeds supply by a long shot. And there is more demand than there is supply because of high levels of immigration.

Perhaps if a few less Aids-ridden Africans came into this country each year we would have a bit more money to give to their families back to bongo bongoland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    in my opinion, society in general is too greedy and wants everything 'now' with the exception of houses (becuase the only realistic way of getting one is to have a mortgage) people are not prepared to wait for anything, not prepared to save up- they want it there and then. they are also not prepared to accept that they can't afford something- so they end up buying on credit or taking out a loan to buy something, rather than buying something less expensive, waiting and saving for something, or just not buying it at all.
    Why do you infer that there has been a change? People have always been selfish, at least nowadays a good proportion of people actually go to school, work etc. - instead of spending the day in some backstreet, pixalated on cheap gin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    [The ironic thing is that it’s actually the Third World, who widowmaker is bleeding his heart over, that is causing our debt problems.

House prices are so ridiculously high because demand exceeds supply by a long shot. And there is more demand than there is supply because of high levels of immigration.

Perhaps if a few less Aids-ridden Africans came into this country each year we would have a bit more money to give to their families back to bongo bongoland.
    Oh yes, it's the Aids-ridden Africans who are trying to buy all those houses in Kensington and the Home Counties that is pushing house prices up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The ironic thing is that it’s actually the Third World, who widowmaker is bleeding his heart over, that is causing our debt problems.

I am sure that Widowmaker will be happy to share their bedroom with an Illegal Immigrant or two.

ReputationRep:

That is the most uninformed comment I've read.

And by the way, most immigrants don't come from African countries so really you're just talking out of your a....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Oh yes, it's the Aids-ridden Africans who are trying to buy all those houses in Kensington and the Home Counties that is pushing house prices up :rolleyes:
    But they do have an effect on the average home as the local authorities have to house them. English people can't get council houses, so they go to the private rental sector which increase demand which increases prices.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    But I'm guessing this will save you money in the long run. If they pay for themselves in 5 years, it would surely be worth going into debt for?
    They wont pay for themselves in 5 yrs but it would take me that long to get the cash together to buy them outright. They'll pay for themselves in 20 yrs with electricity at it's current prices (and given that theres going to be another increase that timespan will gradually increase as the price of national grid power increases).

However holding a nice CO2 emissions quota and no more electricity bills will be worth getting in debt for

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't have a clue how people can get into so much debt to be perfectly honest... concidering the amount of people capable of getting into debt (i mean at an age where they can), as well as alot of people who simply refuse to get any loans... what i want to know is who is it on the other side of the equation, with millions in debt's... i think the queen was in that sort of debt the last time i heard about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    Its all due to the credit card idiots who use one then rake in all the deals and then switch to another one. Sorry bout the pun. How selfish can you get? I'm not moaning or pinpointing anyone in particular but that money could solve many world problems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3935671.stm

That averages out £20000 debt per person, this includes babies.
    Something, i didnt know. LOL :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well talking about debt. I know the solution to help make you to become debt free and even hopefully help you build be a bright life yourself with out having to worry about bills etc. Life is for living! PM if you would like to know more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    No we are very poor actually, we live in a maisonnette.
    In what city?

ReputationRep:
    Why dont people look for a low interest credit card?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.