Premier League cuts the cost of tickets Watch

Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Interesting now with the new TV deal that Premier League clubs can now either freeze the price of tickets or cut them completely especially with away fans prices now capped at £30. It is now more expensive to watch a Championship team away compared to a Premier League team. The one drawback though is the price of food and drink has gone up. Plus it is still cheaper to watch a game abroad.

How many of you attend Premier League games regularly?
And how many of you attend Championship games or lower?

Are clubs doing enough or should they be doing more still to make going to watch football more affordable?

Article below discussing about the cuts.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37962214
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
£30 is still too much but it's a start.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
£30 is still too much but it's a start.
I can remember paying £50 away to Chelsea, shocking really.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's the home fans I feel for the most. If you want to go as a family that's £100+

So many people priced out of the game. Even the lower leagues are expensive.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
It's the home fans I feel for the most. If you want to go as a family that's £100+

At least £100 plus all the food and travel etc.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be honest ever since I moved away from Manchester my issue has been the cost of travel rather than the tickets. I paid £80 to watch England play at Twickenham last week which is far more than any football match will cost me.

However, with the amount of money the Premier League generates I don't see any reason why tickets should be above £30.

It's a difficult position for the lower league clubs to be fair. If you're someone like Hartlepool or Exeter charging £20 for a ticket, you aren't going to get many more people through the turnstiles if you cut the prices to a tenner. Those clubs rely on the gate income far more than the big boys do.

On the other hand you get West Ham, who don't need the gate receipts, charging minimum £50 for a CHILD ticket.
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
To be honest ever since I moved away from Manchester my issue has been the cost of travel rather than the tickets. I paid £80 to watch England play at Twickenham last week which is far more than any football match will cost me.

However, with the amount of money the Premier League generates I don't see any reason why tickets should be above £30.

It's a difficult position for the lower league clubs to be fair. If you're someone like Hartlepool or Exeter charging £20 for a ticket, you aren't going to get many more people through the turnstiles if you cut the prices to a tenner. Those clubs rely on the gate income far more than the big boys do.

On the other hand you get West Ham, who don't need the gate receipts, charging minimum £50 for a CHILD ticket.
Using a train?

Use a ticket splitting website to work out where to split tickets, saves immense ££. Also use the national rail website, no booking fee

Cucumber money solutions 2k16

Posted from TSR Mobile
ClockEnderAFC
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Always used a child ticket going to away games, stewards never check and saved me a fair bit over the course of a season. Don't bother anymore though what with the new price caps aswell as Arsenal subsidising prices further.

Prices for home game tickets are still way too expensive. As soon as I'm too old to buy the cheaper tickets in the family enclosure I'll hardly be going to home games at all.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
Using a train?

Use a ticket splitting website to work out where to split tickets, saves immense ££. Also use the national rail website, no booking fee

Cucumber money solutions 2k16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have any advice on getting cheap flights?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads