Moongirl950
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have 5 exams in 7 weeks time. Can someone share their revision plan.
Advertisement
hamzaahmad786
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is how I revise.
Read the book chapter, then read the lecture slides, find the relevant content (by comparing the slides and book) and make detailed notes on them.

Convert those notes to a graphical form (table, images, charts).

Then complete as many past paper questions as you can using your notes. If you find anything is missing you can add to it.
Moongirl950
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by hamzaahmad786)
This is how I revise.
Read the book chapter, then read the lecture slides, find the relevant content (by comparing the slides and book) and make detailed notes on them.

Convert those notes to a graphical form (table, images, charts).

Then complete as many past paper questions as you can using your notes. If you find anything is missing you can add to it.
Thanks for the reply.
Can you share what was your revision routine like?
Advertisement
hamzaahmad786
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Moongirl950)
Thanks for the reply.
Can you share what was your revision routine like?
I'd say 1,5 hours on the book, 1 hour on the slides, 1 hour combining them, 1 hour creating the charts, 1.5 hours of past questions.

Once I had the relevant material, I spent the rest of the time going through the charts.
andizoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Moongirl950)
I have 5 exams in 7 weeks time. Can someone share their revision plan.
Hi,
I sat my A2 paper last year (got a B and so was pretty chuffed as it was through distance learning, basically self taught!). I recently came across this web site when I was helping a friend this year and wish I'd seen it last year as it gives great tips for A Level Business Studies students and also getting past exam nerves tips (something I've always struggled with).
http://studybusiness.co.uk/
Good luck!
Advertisement
rhuthshana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It actually depends what kind of learner you are: visual, auditory etc. Sometimes what works for other people wont work for you. But so far, what I've seen that works for everyone is having flash cards and revise using them regularly. Also, study in short bursts instead of one long session. For example, 25 minute of study and 5 minutes break,or 45 minute of study with 15 minute break, whatever you prefer. Before your exam, pick a topic from the subject, take a piece of paper and write down everything you remember about it without referring to a book. It's called memory dump and it helps you figure out what you know and what you don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (75)
14.94%
1 (69)
13.75%
2 (65)
12.95%
20.52%
20.32%
5 (88)
17.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise