Where can I buy a coloured Axolotl?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Fire Point
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
For those who know what one is and can help.

I am hoping to get another Axolotl abd would like pink (lucian) one to brighten up the tank. Where about can I get a pink one, it is especially good if its one I can get online.
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why dont you just not buy one and leave them be (in the wild!!).
Fire Point
Rep:
?
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
Why dont you just not buy one and leave them be (in the wild!!).

Because they are amazing things and having been bred in captivity for over 60 years they are far from wild.
Dajo123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
larval salamander of mountain lakes of Mexico that usually lives without metamorphosing?
Fire Point
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dajo123)
larval salamander of mountain lakes of Mexico that usually lives without metamorphosing?

ermm, yes. thats one way of saying it. So can you help?
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daibhidh)
Because they are amazing things and having been bred in captivity for over 60 years they are far from wild.
But it makes me so sad when animals are dragged from their habitats to live their life in captivity, including the continuation of capteve breeding. Because there is a demand they are still being taken from the wild. I think zebras are amazing but I would want them to live a life in the wild where they belong. Im not having a go or anything, it just makes me sad.

Have you ever held an axolotl? I have, at uni. They feel like soggy marsh-mellows, so strange
Fire Point
Rep:
?
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
But it makes me so sad when animals are dragged from their habitats to live their life in captivity, including the continuation of capteve breeding. Because there is a demand they are still being taken from the wild. I think zebras are amazing but I would want them to live a life in the wild where they belong. Im not having a go or anything, it just makes me sad.

Have you ever held an axolotl? I have, at uni. They feel like soggy marsh-mellows, so strange

Yes, I'm looking for a mate for mine.

I wouldn't want them getting dragged from the wild, they are on CITEs 1 are they not so it is likely there is alot stopping it.
Axolotls are mainly kept for lab experiments on limb regeneration and I would just like to have a 2 happy little Axolotls in my room.
Dajo123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daibhidh)
ermm, yes. thats one way of saying it. So can you help?
Try E-bay.
Fire Point
Rep:
?
Ebay yet seems useless.
Attached files
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (43)
8.05%
Confident (70)
13.11%
Indifferent (75)
14.04%
Unsure (138)
25.84%
Worried (208)
38.95%

Watched Threads