IMPORTANT! Question for deliveroo cyclists.

Watch
Dominator1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm going to take a job as a deliveroo cyclist. There are two types:
Type 1: Fixed evening shifts at 7 Pounds an hour plus one pound for each delivery made.
Type 2: 100% flexible hours for 3.75 pounds per delivery.

As a deliveroo cyclist, which one has suited you best and why?
If you're not a cyclist, I would still like your opinion on the matter.
Thanks in advance
roflcakes1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It depends on your own requirements... would you prefer to be able to work flexibly, or know you have to work e.g. 5 evenings a week? If social events in the evening are important to you, or if you otherwise have a busy schedule, perhaps choose flexible working. But you pay for the benefits of working flexibly by having less secured pay, so think about how important the money is to you - I reckon you'd have to work much harder to make the same money with flexible hours, but again you benefit from the flexibility.
harrxful
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dominator1)
Type 1: Fixed evening shifts at 7 Pounds an hour plus one pound for each delivery made.

Thanks in advance
7 pound per hour, you can never guarantee orders unless your area is massively understaffed
sean_james
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dominator1)

Thanks in advance
Wow okay where do I start...

I just had my first shift as a delivery cyclist last night and it was one of the most terrible things I have ever done. I was warned that it was busy that night and to expect a lot of deliveries but this had me going miles and miles across the city! The destinations made no sense based on my current location! At one point I was far into the west end dropping a delivery and then my phone goes off saying I had to pick up food from the complete other side of town to deliver to the same area I was currently in...

I guess the job just didn't suit me at all but when you aren't even allowed time between drops for a water break it is not the sort of company I want to be working for.

Understaffing, poor organisation and complete lack of care for their cyclists is the ethos I was beginning to really see come through.

It is fair to say after going home the way I was feeling was not worth it for the money I received.
Dominator1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by sean_james)
Wow okay where do I start...

I just had my first shift as a delivery cyclist last night and it was one of the most terrible things I have ever done. I was warned that it was busy that night and to expect a lot of deliveries but this had me going miles and miles across the city! The destinations made no sense based on my current location! At one point I was far into the west end dropping a delivery and then my phone goes off saying I had to pick up food from the complete other side of town to deliver to the same area I was currently in...

I guess the job just didn't suit me at all but when you aren't even allowed time between drops for a water break it is not the sort of company I want to be working for.

Understaffing, poor organisation and complete lack of care for their cyclists is the ethos I was beginning to really see come through.

It is fair to say after going home the way I was feeling was not worth it for the money I received.
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that. So them telling you that you only deliver in your area was a lie? Also, how long did you work that night and how much money did you get?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.59%
I'm not sure (45)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (306)
29.77%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.63%
I'm not a current university student (500)
48.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed