elana30r
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!

I've applied to UCL for a primary PGCE. Had my interview day on November 10th (one week ago)

Just wondering if anyone has heard back?!!? Success or not...I haven't heard anything!
hannahbasx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I interviewed on the same day as you and I heard back the next day!

I didn't get offered a place as I didn't pass the maths test, so maybe the fact you haven't heard yet is a good thing!
elana30r
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannahbasx)
I interviewed on the same day as you and I heard back the next day!

I didn't get offered a place as I didn't pass the maths test, so maybe the fact you haven't heard yet is a good thing!
Ah really? How did they contact you? Did they mention what the pass rate for the maths test was? :O
hannahbasx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elana30r)
Ah really? How did they contact you? Did they mention what the pass rate for the maths test was? :O
They emailed in the morning on Friday! No, they just said you've not been successful, sorry to disappoint etc and then 'test outcome - did not pass Maths'

Really didn't expect to get a place as there were so many people! Have you checked to see if your UCAS or UCL portal have been updated?
elana30r
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannahbasx)
They emailed in the morning on Friday! No, they just said you've not been successful, sorry to disappoint etc and then 'test outcome - did not pass Maths'

Really didn't expect to get a place as there were so many people! Have you checked to see if your UCAS or UCL portal have been updated?
Oh right well at least you know! Waiting is killing me. Yeah I've been checking like every hour every day :P

I am feeling the same - there were so many people it was so overwhelming!
kelsierennick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had my interview at UCL on the 17th of November and still haven't heard anything back. Hopefully I will hear positive news soon!
LeotheLion3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, could anyone possibly tell us what your interview entailed? What questions etc. It would be much appreciated!
kelsierennick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,
UCL offered me a place today.
In terms of the interview day itself:

I was asked to meet at Jeffery Hall (all the way at the bottom of the stairs) and that's when everyone did the maths and English test.

Maths test:
Make sure you know ratio, nth term, fractions, mean, range etc and you'll be fine.
Don't make the questions harder then they are, they are all quite simple if you stay calm.

English test:
They ask you to read some information and turn it into information for parents that will be put on a school website.
You get marks for spelling, punctuation, grammar and handwriting.
Again, stay calm. They're not there to trick you out.

Then you are split into either having your interview and then presentation or the other way around.

For the presentation you are with 5/6 other applicants, a lecturer and someone from a school.
Make sure your presentation has structure and explains what you learnt from your experience.

After the presentation you have a small group task where you have to put sentences in order regarding importance.

The interview is really relaxed and everyone is lovely. They ask you who in your group gave the best presentation, so remember names, and about your current educational issue.

All in all the day was quite enjoyable and I met a fab group of girls too.

I hope it goes well for you!
fashiongeek39
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everybody! Got my IoE interview for PGCE Science tomorrow : ) Really anxious for the subject knowledge part. Does anyone know if it's asked in the one-to-one interview or just in the group interview tasks? Thanks in advance!
zskhan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was the maths test like?
Christi_Oy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fashiongeek39)
Hi everybody! Got my IoE interview for PGCE Science tomorrow : ) Really anxious for the subject knowledge part. Does anyone know if it's asked in the one-to-one interview or just in the group interview tasks? Thanks in advance!
Hii did you get offered a place in the end?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads