Include a link to my blog on personal statement

Watch
Cyclosporin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

Should I include a link to the articles that I wrote on a prestigious website that is directly relevant to my course on my personal statement?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cyclosporin)
Hi,

Should I include a link to the articles that I wrote on a prestigious website that is directly relevant to my course on my personal statement?
I wouldn't.

Mention the website by name not hyperlink.
Cyclosporin
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
I wouldn't.

Mention the website by name not hyperlink.
That is what I though but then a professor I know said that I should also include a link to my blog profile. As well as the name. So which one do I do? I was thinking a shortened link using google's url shortener
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is what I though but then a professor I know said that I should also include a link to my blog profile. As well as the name. So which one do I do? I was thinking a shortened link using google's url shortener
Just include the name in your PS. The purpose is to explain why you want to do the course and why you're suitable - linking to your writing doesn't do this, explaining what you wrote about and why it is relevant DOES.

You can always send through links/a portfolio of writing after your application has gone through (and university staff do know how to use google )
Cyclosporin
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Just include the name in your PS. The purpose is to explain why you want to do the course and why you're suitable - linking to your writing doesn't do this, explaining what you wrote about and why it is relevant DOES.

You can always send through links/a portfolio of writing after your application has gone through (and university staff do know how to use google )
Brilliant! Thank you once again for your help!
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Just to add to previous advice, bear in mind that the admissions tutors have a huge number of applications to sift through so don't expect them to read anything above what you have put in your statement. I'm sure that some will google things out of curiosity but it's always best to work on the assumption that they will read your statement and no more.
SalazarSlytherin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
post the link to the blog here then we can tell you if its even good and worth mentioning
Cyclosporin
Rep:
?
(Original post by SalazarSlytherin)
post the link to the blog here then we can tell you if its even good and worth mentioning
It is good, whoever I showed it to (including drs, and professors) was impressed, and a professor of a Russel group uni suggested that I add a link.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (456)
51.47%
No (430)
48.53%

Watched Threads