Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Had an operation yesterday to grind down my right cheek bone, just got out of hospital today. To sum it all up...... OWW it hurts

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry it'll go away eventually.

ReputationRep:
    The pain will go away

Can you eat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.H)
    The pain will go away

Can you eat?
    Not really I can only manage to open my mouth by about 1 cm so all I can have is soup... Im dead hungry too

ReputationRep:
    Distract your attention away from the pain by chatting on UKL. BTW why did you have your cheek bone grinded down? (if u dont mind me asking)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    Had an operation yesterday to grind down my right cheek bone, just got out of hospital today. To sum it all up...... OWW it hurts
    ooh id be too scared, id prob run away and hide....no way would i do an operation
    hope it all gets better soon, i would say well its a good way to loose weight, but ur a guy and dont care about weight.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not really I can only manage to open my mouth by about 1 cm so all I can have is soup... Im dead hungry too
    Soup never really does it for me when i'm not able to eat, sucks doesn't it?

Noodles maybe? Just have to suck them up

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, you'll be better soon..
    are you on pain killers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    Distract your attention away from the pain by chatting on UKL. BTW why did you have your cheek bone grinded down? (if u dont mind me asking)
    I got into a punchup years ago and had my zygoma (cheekbone) broken but didnt realise untill the bone knitted over the break and ended up with a lump on my cheek. Had to get rid of it as it looked like I had been in a fight all the time and a: I got p*ssed off with ppl asking about it and 2: it wasnt a good look from a career perspective

ReputationRep:
    Noodles is one god damn great idea, I hadnt thought of them...thanks.

The worst bit of it all was the worry before the operation. I nearly craped myself when they brought the trolly to take me to theater. The worst bit though was waiting in the anesthetic room while they cleared up the op theater, it sounded like when you are near the kitchen in a pub and all you can hear is the clinking of knives and fork's except I knew they were tools for me... I nearly jumped up and ran out the hospital

ReputationRep:
    I got into a punchup years ago and had my zygoma (cheekbone) broken but didnt realise untill the bone knitted over the break and ended up with a lump on my cheek. Had to get rid of it as it looked like I had been in a fight all the time and a: I got p*ssed off with ppl asking about it and 2: it wasnt a good look from a career perspective
    Ooh sounds painful, good luck with your recovery.

ReputationRep:
    Get well soon

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    did they not give you any painkillers?
    really hope you get well soon

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Investment Boy...what university do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, hope youre feeling better soon! i'm sure it will b worth it! i had my adenoids out a couple of years ago, it was nasty, but it was so much better afterwards. and just make the most of everyone's sympathy! the best food when you cant eat very well is definately icecream, so eat lots of that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    did they not give you any painkillers?
    really hope you get well soon

neha
    xxxx
    Thanks, yes I 3 different types of painkillers I have to take. They are quite strong so the pain isnt too bad. My face is a bit puffy though as they had to cut inside my mouth above my gum from my nose right round to the back of my mouth then they had to fold up my whole cheek to get at the bone so being pulled about has given me a football head... Its quite funny actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Investment Boy...what university do you go to?
    Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    yeah, hope youre feeling better soon! i'm sure it will b worth it! i had my adenoids out a couple of years ago, it was nasty, but it was so much better afterwards. and just make the most of everyone's sympathy! the best food when you cant eat very well is definately icecream, so eat lots of that!
    Thanks I will have to get some mint choc chip..mmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    I had an operation about 5/6 years ago.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.