The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well hope you get well soon mate. Not nice just coming out of hospital after an op like that (not that I know exactly!). But fingers crossed youll be bk to 100% within not time.
Reply 21
Hope you get better soon mate!
Reply 22
I'm going to have an operation this December sometime, on my back. According to the consultant blokey, there's a 2% chance I might have "neurological complications" (i.e, leg paralysis). It will be 2 weeks before I'm allowed to go back home, and then 6-8 weeks before I regain some vague "normal" motion. It will be 3 months before I'm allowed back onto a tennis court (I play quite a lot of tennis at the moment), and 9 months before I have enough movement and rotation to be able to hit the ball like I can now. I will have to undergo two operations- one to remove some of the disks from my spine so it is completely loose, then I will have to lie flat on my back for a week, and then the second operation to something weird to my back. I will have to wear a plaster thing round my stomach for a few weeks after the op to keep it stable. I would perhaps not have needed the operation to straighten my spine if I hadn't played so much tennis! Now your operation seemed quite straightforward, now, didn't it? Lol, hope you recover well mate :smile:
Reply 23
Hope you feel better soon.
I hope you feel better soon. Try and make the most of everyone's attention :smile:
Reply 25
Investmentboy
Noodles is one god damn great idea, I hadnt thought of them...thanks.

The worst bit of it all was the worry before the operation. I nearly craped myself when they brought the trolly to take me to theater. The worst bit though was waiting in the anesthetic room while they cleared up the op theater, it sounded like when you are near the kitchen in a pub and all you can hear is the clinking of knives and fork's except I knew they were tools for me... I nearly jumped up and ran out the hospital

That's one of the best descriptions I have ever heard. :biggrin:
I had an eye operation 6 years ago!
Man was it painful!...but I had been suffering for 2 months and had to have it done..
pity anaesthetic doesn't work on me! :rolleyes: ..so I felt every ounce of pain!
Reply 27
OOOOOOOOOOOO

hope you feel better soon.
Reply 28
Investmentboy
Had an operation yesterday to grind down my right cheek bone, just got out of hospital today. To sum it all up...... OWW it hurts

Jeez Louise!!!! Just how you worded it, "grinded down" *cringe* Sympathy pain!!!!!!!
Reply 29
Everdawn
Jeez Louise!!!! Just how you worded it, "grinded down" *cringe* Sympathy pain!!!!!!!

Yeh they used a drill with a grinding blade on the end of it....nice. I feel better today though so I think its starting to heal up a bit. I look like a football head though. Thaks for the support guys

Latest

Trending

Trending