The Student Room Group

University of Manchester Pharmacy Interview help??

I've got an interview for Manchester on Wednesday and I'm really nervous about what they're going to ask me. Any body have any practice questions or previous experience with Pharmacy interviews, specifically at Manchester, Nottingham, Newcastle, Keele and Bradford? (These are the ones I have applied for)

Any help is appreciated :smile: thank you

Scroll to see replies

Hey, have you currently got an interview for Newcaslte coming up?
Original post by Kamran1998

Not yet, I submitted my application only on Tuesday so hopefully I get one soon :smile: do you have one?
Original post by wannabe_lawyer
Not yet, I submitted my application only on Tuesday so hopefully I get one soon :smile: do you have one?

Sadly I have not yet, really want to hear from them soon aha.
Reply 4
I've got an interview for Manchester on Wednesday and I'm really nervous about what they're going to ask me. Any body have any practice questions or previous experience with Pharmacy interviews, specifically at Manchester, Nottingham, Newcastle, Keele and Bradford? (These are the ones I have applied for)

Any help is appreciated :smile: thank you

Hey OP,I had my Manchester interview yesterday and I have already had a replying so they're really quick in reaching you. The questions were very general just make sure you know about drug types, pharmacy careers and confident in your choices. Each interview varied in questions so I don't know how much help I can be or what the rules are regarding specifying questions on here , don't panic because the interviewers are really lovely.i would advise doing some non calculator maths 😉
Original post by aneesa98
Hey OP,I had my Manchester interview yesterday and I have already had a replying so they're really quick in reaching you. The questions were very general just make sure you know about drug types, pharmacy careers and confident in your choices. Each interview varied in questions so I don't know how much help I can be or what the rules are regarding specifying questions on here , don't panic because the interviewers are really lovely.i would advise doing some non calculator maths 😉

Thank you so much for the reply, I hope you got in! Are the tests all math based or should I brush up on some pharmacy laws (like prescriptions etc.)?
Reply 6
I've had my interview off Manchester and I received an offer the day after! The maths assessment is really nothing to worry about. It is really basic stuff (multiplication, division, and converting without the use of a calculator) The interview will be with a professor and a fourth year student - and they make you feel really comfortable! Like aneesa98 said, it seems that most interview questions varied because after I finished my interview and talked with other applicants we'd all been slightly varied questions. My particular interviewer asked questions on the expected stuff (why pharmacy, hobbies etc) but also picked up on stuff in my personal statement and asked about that too. Be confident and answer everything to the best of your ability. Hope this helped, and good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Kamran1998

I don't think Newcastle interview for Pharmacy.
Reply 8
Original post by LoisEiri
I've had my interview off Manchester and I received an offer the day after! The maths assessment is really nothing to worry about. It is really basic stuff (multiplication, division, and converting without the use of a calculator) The interview will be with a professor and a fourth year student - and they make you feel really comfortable! Like aneesa98 said, it seems that most interview questions varied because after I finished my interview and talked with other applicants we'd all been slightly varied questions. My particular interviewer asked questions on the expected stuff (why pharmacy, hobbies etc) but also picked up on stuff in my personal statement and asked about that too. Be confident and answer everything to the best of your ability. Hope this helped, and good luck!

Absolutely, where you at the interview on Wednesday? Small world.
Reply 9
Absolutely, where you at the interview on Wednesday? Small world.

I was! Were you in group A or B?
I was! Were you in group A or B?

Group A, I was top of the list because my surname starts with Ab, I was so surprised I had an offer because I thought I tanked the numeracy test. Is Manchester going to be your firm?
Group A, I was top of the list because my surname starts with Ab, I was so surprised I had an offer because I thought I tanked the numeracy test. Is Manchester going to be your firm?

I was group B! Yeah, I definitely messed up on some maths too! I heard that the maths element only accounted for 1/3 of their decision to give out an offer. What grades have they quoted for your conditional offer?
I was group B! Yeah, I definitely messed up on some maths too! I heard that the maths element only accounted for 1/3 of their decision to give out an offer. What grades have they quoted for your conditional offer?

I guess, my offer was AAB as I already have an A in Chem and Sociology, just have to get a B in bio (let's hope so), I live in Cardiff so I will probably have Cardiff for my firm so not too bothered about Manchester but Cardiff doesn't have Sims Man or Anatomage which is definitely making Manchester tempting. Although if they offer you a place, whether the offer was ABB or AAB, they will let you in as long as you have the minimum ABB, if you get what I mean.
I guess, my offer was AAB as I already have an A in Chem and Sociology, just have to get a B in bio (let's hope so), I live in Cardiff so I will probably have Cardiff for my firm so not too bothered about Manchester but Cardiff doesn't have Sims Man or Anatomage which is definitely making Manchester tempting. Although if they offer you a place, whether the offer was ABB or AAB, they will let you in as long as you have the minimum ABB, if you get what I mean.

I've got an interview with Cardiff coming up tomorrow. Both unis are really great!
**** I'm such an idiot, I thought I'd confirmed my interview last friday but I've just checked now and I hadn't clicked continue ffs I've done it now so I hope I can still go :frown:((
I've got an interview with Cardiff coming up tomorrow. Both unis are really great!

OMG that's so cool maybe I will see you tomorrow, what time is your interview? I heard that Cardiff is more thorough with their questions asking competency-based questions, quite nervous acc.
**** I'm such an idiot, I thought I'd confirmed my interview last friday but I've just checked now and I hadn't clicked continue ffs I've done it now so I hope I can still go :frown:((

Aw don't stress, good luck for tomorrow! Update us on how it went
Have my interview next weds (pred 3As) extremely nervous!

Any tips? Especially on the maths & written assessments? Also just General Qs they seemed to ask most people?

Thanks !
I got an offer! Thank you for the help everyone :smile:)
I also have my Manchester interview for Pharmacy in 2 weeks time so please keep updating about how we should prepare😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest