Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Kazaa is full of evil gator spyware, Kazaa Lite is no longer available, so can anyone recommend a decent Peer 2 Peer application that gives access to reliable downloads, a decent sized user database and NO evil spyware?

ReputationRep:
    well, since all p2p are basically illegal, you might as well go with BitTorrent instead.

ReputationRep:
    The actual program of Kazaa is not illegal, it's the people that are sharing copyrighted material that is breaking the law. You could try "Shareaza" or "winmx" depending on what you want.

ReputationRep:
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    well, since all p2p are basically illegal, you might as well go with BitTorrent instead.
    bittorent is p2p

ReputationRep:
    Limewires never let me down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    bittorent is p2p
    I know and since there is really no way to get things for free legally, you might as well go with the best, and that's BitTorrent IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    Kazaa is full of evil gator spyware, Kazaa Lite is no longer available, so can anyone recommend a decent Peer 2 Peer application that gives access to reliable downloads, a decent sized user database and NO evil spyware?
    Kazaalite is still available but u have to pay, but you can still get it. Try this little 2 step trick:

1. Download and install normal Kazaa
    2. From normal Kazaa download Kazaalite

There ya go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    Kazaalite is still available but u have to pay, but you can still get it. Try this little 2 step trick:

1. Download and install normal Kazaa
    2. From normal Kazaa download Kazaalite

There ya go!
    Thanx, i will give it a go (even if it means having that evil gator spyware on my pc for a few minutes)

ReputationRep:
    kazaa lite is still available on the net in some places, i got a copy of it

ReputationRep:
    I have Kazaa Lite 2.1.0 build 2 (KPP version). I can send it if you have an inbox capable of 3MB plus (ie ISP email address).

ReputationRep:
    gnutella is tasty XD

http://www.gnutella.com

i'd stay away from bearshare though as that's got loads of bad stuff bunged in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I have Kazaa Lite 2.1.0 build 2 (KPP version). I can send it if you have an inbox capable of 3MB plus (ie ISP email address).
    Thanx , but my limit is 2mb.

ReputationRep:
    Kazza lite is still around, just most of the original websites have been taken over by ones you have to pay for. I downloaded it (version 2.4.3 or something, the last released before it disappeared) just last week.

ReputationRep:
    Try here, can't remember if it's the site I got it from or not, but it seemed to work - http://www.smartdownloads.net/download-75.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Try here, can't remember if it's the site I got it from or not, but it seemed to work - http://www.smartdownloads.net/download-75.html
    cheers.

ReputationRep:
    use Shareaza -unlike kazaa, its files are not corrupted

ReputationRep:
    Also if you want further p2p advice http://www.zeropaid.com is a decent site, at least when I used it some time ago.

calumc, looks like you downloaded it in the nick of time

The Lite version is much, much, much better than the Sharman one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    For reliability I would recommend emule http://www.emule.tk and maybe DC++

You receive a lot less fake files with emule, it's a lot slower than kazaa or DC++ but in my experience I feel that all that extra time you search for a legitimite file, you might as well search on emule and download it using that. In fact, it has saved me time on many instances.

ReputationRep:
    BitTorrent site : www.suprnova.org . It's free, but I frequently get slow d/l rates as it's really popular at the moment.

Normal P2P : www.limewire.com . Like Kazaa (Some spyware installed! But easily removed). It's look ok so far; I've only been using it a while.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.